Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

i like the first because it has some really ownage quests but it's very arguably a bad game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Zoltan has the craziest death stare in witcher 1

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I'm piss poor at this games combat.

use the mini dodge that isnt a roll constantly

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
I quit witcher 2 during the tutorial because it was so incredibly clunky but you guys are making me want to get this game anyway.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
I actually liked witcher 1 but I think I had a lot more patience back then.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Witcher 1 has highs that are worth it, especially post-enhanced edition, but it's clunky and very rough around the edges enough that you can skip it. Witcher 2 is really good though like the writing and Geralt being a dick and npc's tricking you and loving you over that people are raving about from Witcher 3, are all there in 2. It's a really good game and it's like $3 during sales.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah witcher 2 isnt horrific or anything, but if you played 2 and just generally didnt have fun, gently caress it. the enhanced edition tweaked a lot of things but not enough to change people's minds IMO

im working a lot and all i wanna do is play this :(

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Warning: If you try to get the Bear School gear a bug may cause you to be trapped in a ruined castle with no way out.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Warning:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I just did a side quest where I had to surrender my swords, but when I got them back theyre suddenly two levels too high for me to equip them?? What the christ

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I'm piss poor at this games combat.

Same. It's really stark because I'll come across a relatively unthreatening group of ~4 enemies and I'll have to fight them several times. And this is on the second hardest setting. I can't wait until I get killed a bajillion times on the first boss.

PleasingFungus posted:

I quit witcher 2 during the tutorial because it was so incredibly clunky but you guys are making me want to get this game anyway.

Same and same, and then I got this game and I like it a bunch.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Tender Bender posted:

Witcher 1 has highs that are worth it, especially post-enhanced edition, but it's clunky and very rough around the edges enough that you can skip it. Witcher 2 is really good though like the writing and Geralt being a dick and npc's tricking you and loving you over that people are raving about from Witcher 3, are all there in 2. It's a really good game and it's like $3 during sales.

Witcher 2's plot is great near the end when you find out all these people with their schemes aren't masterminds and even they get hosed over.

Dec 26, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

the tutorial is really bad, much like in the first one

Dec 26, 2012

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Since most of ya'll aren't gonna play the first game I want to share the badass oneliner when you beat the main antagonist.

*Villain is beaten and lying on the ground. Geralt draws his silver sword while standing over him*

VILLAIN: But that sword.. is for monsters....

GERALT: I know. :smug: *impales him*

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Tender Bender posted:

Since most of ya'll aren't gonna play the first game I want to share the badass oneliner when you beat the main antagonist.

*Villain is beaten and lying on the ground. Geralt draws his silver sword while standing over him*

Sick

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Tender Bender posted:

I hate it when writers just can't resist adding extra lines like "is for monsters" and "I know" when staying quiet and interrupting the villain by freaking goring him mid-sentence would be way cooler.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 6, 2016

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

ice rear end doesn't like cool one liners

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

In SOuth Park the Stick of Truth you crawl inside a Gay Man's rear end in a top hat

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

In SOuth Park the Stick of Truth you crawl inside a Gay Man's rear end in a top hat

Dec 26, 2012

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
at the date hosed around with this message at Jan 6, 2016 around 02:56

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

rediscover posted:

at the date hosed around with this message at Jan 6, 2016 around 02:56

Your mom has a weird name.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Um. MY mother's name is completely normal actually. Your pathetic

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

at the date posted:

got em...

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

at the date posted:

:staredog:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

at the date posted:

What's your loving deal dude?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

at the date posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4M8Vwk5teY

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

at the date posted:

I hate it when writers just can't resist adding extra lines like "is for monsters" and "I know" when staying quiet and interrupting the villain by freaking goring him mid-sentence would be way cooler.

I just rewatched it and turns out I hosed it up, Geralt doesn't say anything and just stabs the guy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

I just rewatched it and turns out I hosed it up, Geralt doesn't say anything and just stabs the guy.

Lol, so you just made up something cooler than what actually happened

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

it's the words left unspoken man

#thatgamerfeel

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

Lol, so you just made up something cooler than what actually happened

I do this all the time online

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

All of the quests in this game are so good. Every time I think one is going to be generic it throws me for a loop.

I just did another "go find this guy he didn't show up" quest and it was part of a long chain and could have easily had me run off a road and talk to someone. Instead I leave the big city, travel through the woods and up half a mountain to find the guy in a cave teaching rock trolls how to curse and make shoes.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Tis troll called me a sockcuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

trolls are extremely good

• Locked thread