Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I was gonna say that program pizza hutt used to do where you get a free pan pizza for reading or whatever, but apparently it still exists. I would've figured it'd be discontinued by now since it promotes fast food to kids. I used to love that poo poo cause I already loved reading so it was like free pizza all the time

(New version obviously)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Also related to books in elementary school, a few times a year we'd get catalogs of books to choose from where some of the proceeds went to the school and you got prizes the more books you bought and my parents would always get me a ton. It was like a minor version or Christmas or a birthday to me. Probably like a Scholastic program

Kinda looked like this but it was like 30+ pages long

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 22:40 on Dec 25, 2015

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AA is for Quitters posted:

If you didn't have your gymacafetorium (are those even still a thing? My nephew's elementary school had all three separate. With an auditorium with cloth seats. :gronk:) turned into the giant scholastic book Fair once a quarter then you totally missed out.

We definitely had a gymcafetorium in my school but for some reason the scholastic bookfairs were in the main school entrance/lobby. I'm assuming it was just less work than folding up all the big long lunchtables with built in seats. Also halfway through my elementary school years they built an add-on that turned into the main indoor gym, presumably for the same reason, which made it just a cafetorium

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 23:23 on Dec 25, 2015

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

Orbitz

Gross drinks with little balls of wax gelatin. gently caress I miss them.

Rarely was I so disapointed with something as a kid. How could a drink that looked that cool be so bad. They're still the most 90s drink I can think of next to Surge

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

Technically there's still a captive population of living South China tigers. It's just horribly inbred and will die off soon. The baiji, Pyrenean ibex, Pinta Island tortoise, and West African black rhino are definitely extinct though. I don't recognize the snake.

Google images pointed me to several websites that say it's a puerto rican garden snake, which is not extinct and is a Least Concern classification animal

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/elyunque/learning/nature-science/?cid=fsbdev3_042904

The rest of those are pretty dad though

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

joshtothemaxx posted:

I used to go to the public library to print out walkthroughs for games like Final Fantasy and Baldurs Gate from message boards, then later GameFAQs.

Jesus those things were hundreds of pages. I'm sure the library loved you

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Man they didn't even try to make those breakfast squares not look dry and mealy as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

om nom nom posted:

While we're on cereal

My friend absolutely loved these and we found a box of them around 2009/2010 in a discount store in our neighborhood that were still good somehow. He was loving ecstatic

• Locked thread