Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

You've just reminded me that Pizza Hut in Australia had some really good ribs at one point, but apparently only I thought so because they only lasted a few months, if that. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Mister Kingdom posted:

I have seen modern drinks in glass bottles, but with no deposit.

It varies wildly. South Australia and the Northern Territory, for example, get 10c on even plastic and tetra packs, but the rest of the same country doesn't get it on anything. I can't know for sure but I imagine it varies between states in America too.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Monday_ posted:

In NYC pay phones are still around but they've just started converting them into free gigabit wi-fi hotspots.

Telstra are doing a similar thing in Australia; they own all the pay phones and rather than take them down they just chuck a router inside and boradcast a WiFi network that lets you use your home internet account with them from there.

E: VVV They still have phones in them as far as I can tell, and I imagine the point is to make money off what would otherwise be uselessly obsolete so it's unreasonable to expect free WiFi.

AlphaKretin has a new favorite as of 07:22 on Jan 3, 2016

• Locked thread