Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Daytime TV being a bunch of reruns of cheesy old TV shows instead of lovely talk shows and judge shows. How are kids going to appreciate American history and culture if they don't watch Gilligan's Island while they're home sick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

MisterGBH posted:

Wimpys.
It was a British alternative to McDonalds and the had English inspired burgers. I remember that they had a doughnut dessert called something like Brown Derby.

I ate at a Wimpy's in the States once. I have no idea where it came from since it was long after the American chain had closed and I can't find any evidence the British chain or the Canadian chain ever took a stab at the US market. They had a giant photograph of a large, bald and noticeably disfigured man labeled "Our Regional Distribution Manager." Not the store manager or CEO or even Employee of the Month but the Regional Distribution Manager.

I was the only customer, the food was terrible, and it was only open for a few months. I never saw another one anywhere. It was a bit weird.

• Locked thread