Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Lonely Virgil posted:

25¢ chips. When I was a child you could buy a bag of chips, a Day's soda, and a Tastykake Chocolate Junior for a dollar. Now that's like 2$. Kids just can't start their journey towards obesity for cheap anymore.

I can do you one better. When I was a kid in the early 70s, you could get a 12oz canned soda and a bag of chips for a quarter.

:corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Soft drinks in glass bottles. When I was a kid, soft drinks came in 12oz cans or glass bottles (10 & 16oz). You had to pay a deposit on these (usually five cents).

I used to collect these in my neighborhood by the dozens and turn them in. It helped finance my comic book and candy habits for years.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Polyseme posted:

Both parts of this are still a thing. More or less so, depending on where you are in the world, anyway.

I have seen modern drinks in glass bottles, but with no deposit.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
My entire neighborhood including the elementary school I attended for five years.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Never ate it but loved the commercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be77gKd55q4

• Locked thread