Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
resurrecting this thread...

BetterLekNextTime - alan_k_in_ca - wildlife, travel, random stuff

Just joined instagram, so I'm sure I'm going to be overdoing all the filters that I've mocked for all these years until the novelty wears off. Some proportion will be pulling old favorites from flickr.

That ascii trick is pretty rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Had a photo somehow end up on the Bureau of Land Management Public Lands instagram today. It's got more than 7k likes, which is probably more than I've received across all my photos on my own account. Yay?

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Claptain posted:

I share them from the Flickr mobile app.

I usually do this too, although I'll sometimes grab directly from my camera using the Canon wifi app.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I was trying to figure out why I all of a sudden got a bunch of follows and likes yesterday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRUSx-Nji_v/

Then I looked at some of the other photos on that account- holy poo poo. -Wayne's World "I'm not worthy".gif-

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Animal posted:

Ohio's social media Instagram account featured a picture I took with my Mavic Pro drone, so I got a few extra followers :)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRYK1Fmjydq/

That's a great shot. I've never done drone stuff before- does the mount let you pivot the camera to portrait, do you have to mount it as portrait before you launch, or are you stuck in landscape and have to crop?

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
New free app to upload to instagram from your computer. Anyone tried this yet?

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I have a really dumb instagram question. I have a photo biz account and a personal account. Do I really need a separate regramming app to share a post from the biz account to the personal account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I have a photography account now too. I'm not a heavy user on either account but I'm going to try to post more of the wildlife/nature on the photo account and use my personal account for everything else. Or something...

https://www.instagram.com/alan_krakauer_photo/