Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
As someone who was a major Star Wars geek in high school, I'm so glad they did away with the entire Expanded Universe. There was so much worthless crap in there that I don't care if the next films are bad, they'll never be as bad as Aliens from another galaxy smashing a moon into Chewbacca and being immune to the Force or Emperor Palpatine having 9 billion clone bodies to possess.

5/5 for breathing new, and fun life into a dead franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

As someone who was a major Star Wars geek in high school, I'm so glad they did away with the entire Expanded Universe. There was so much worthless crap in there that I don't care if the next films are bad, they'll never be as bad as Aliens from another galaxy smashing a moon into Chewbacca and being immune to the Force or Emperor Palpatine having 9 billion clone bodies to possess.

5/5 for breathing new, and fun life into a dead franchise.

2 years later I want to apologize for this poo poo review; upon watching The Last Jedi I realize they have no original ideas. They haven't breathed new or fun life into the franchise. It's the same stories rehashed for new audiences with little to no thought put into them. Plot points started here end almost immediately in TLJ and characters feel confused as how they should act. Lifting the nostalgia goggles really changes your outlook on the franchise.

Updated to 1/5 for starting a terrible remake trilogy.