Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Obsurveyor posted:

Quoting for the new people in the thread.

What's that needle gun inject, I don't like the looks of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Dr Cheeto posted:

Well, color me day-glo and execute me summarily

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Obsurveyor posted:

Quoting for the new people in the thread.
You can enlist in SEA PATROL at 17! :captainpop:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

SteveVizsla posted:

I can't believe this is real.

His user talk page is insane. I don't really understand all of the complexities of Wikipedia, but he's deep into editing and moving poo poo around and causing trouble. He also frequents the Manchester wikipedia meet-ups and talks about scuba a lot at them. Who's going undercover?
An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect List of reddit jokes that are posted every thread. Since you had some involvement with the List of reddit jokes that are posted every thread redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion if you have not already done so.

Notable as gently caress imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.

somebody buy me this av tia

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

It was only a matter of time but I didn't expect to lol so hard when it did.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

a starwar betamax posted:

"Also I'll be sailing this beut on down to the ol goldmine later this 'eve all you boys so best offship" I said to the collection of scoobydoos and tinkers hanger's-on

since this thread is now a goner and i won't be able to make cool seaman comics in time here's my unfinished new Sea Patrol dude:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64856604/SeaPatrol.fbx

you will 100% not be able to use this for a videogame everything about this sucks poo poo

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

a starwar betamax posted:

If somebody make a good one i will ask the higher ups

somuch_gravy posted:

for all my boys in blue out there

E:

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
What is SEA PATROL'S stance on the refugee crisis?

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Truck Stop Daddy posted:

Little did they know the violence they were fleeing was but a taste of that they would encounter

Pepperoneedy fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 2, 2016

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Pickaxe

Pickaxe Talk posted:

This article is a complete mess. I have removed the factoid section on the pickaxe handles because it was filled with the most minor details, some which were either obviously false or just plain redundant. One such one was "A pickaxe handle is typically wood and 3 feet long" and yet another was "Pickaxe handles have been used to fend off sharks while scuba diving".
Either way the article needs a hell of a lot more work especially the beginning as it is just a bunch of sentences mentioning one off notes about the pickaxe.
I cannot work on it at the moment as I am at work but if anyone else can improve it than go right ahead. Mishka Shaw (talk) 15:44, 8 November 2012 (UTC)

The frustration is palpable!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

gohuskies posted:

SEA PATROL follows scoobydoos wherever they go. They thought they'd be able to dive safely in inland lakes... they thought wrong.

Somebody said "If you can get there in a submarine, it's under your sole jurisdiction", the rest is history.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Putty posted:

you will 100% not be able to use this for a videogame everything about this sucks poo poo

Seems fine to me.

(Blender apparently hates Maya's FBX files, body geometry was rotated 90 degrees to the gear/eyes/teeth)

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

From a forum which has nothing to do with SEA PATROL. He sure likes his Poser creations.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Truck Stop Daddy posted:

It's not good, Truck Stop Daddy. With their superior training and equipment kits, SEA PATROL would systematically murder every last refugee with heavy duty mini ray guns and on board destructors.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

I need to know more about this man's life. Has he ever fought a shark with a pickaxe? Is that why he was kicked out of the scuba club?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I can't get off unless there's a hard piece of hickory lodged firmly in my rear end

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestonJew posted:

I need to know more about this man's life. Has he ever fought a shark with a pickaxe? Is that why he was kicked out of the scuba club?

I bet he went in to the aquarium and just wailed on some manta ray things in that section where they swim around and you get to pet them as they go by.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Obsurveyor posted:

Seems fine to me.

Gotta git dat

Gotta git dat

Gotta git dat

Gotta giiiit dat dat dat dat boom boom boom

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
if you want to know the future of diving then imagine a raygun zapping a scoobydoo forever

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

dad scuba. so what

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Dr Cheeto posted:

I can't get off unless there's a hard piece of hickory lodged firmly in my rear end

Have you ever considered the exciting world of recreational wreck diving?

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

CharlestonJew posted:

That's pickaxe handle, you scoobydoo

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I Greyhound posted:

you scoobydoo

Let's keep it civil.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Obsurveyor posted:

Seems fine to me.

(Blender apparently hates Maya's FBX files, body geometry was rotated 90 degrees to the gear/eyes/teeth)

this is just the sea patrol taking my soul to scuba hell, i would just give it real geometry and a real texture map (which would be like 5 colors)

e: his teeth are supposed to be purple btw

Putty fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 2, 2016

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There's that world of diving mmo coming out soon. We could start a Sea Patrol that goes around harassing scoobydoos.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

well if we're getting goldmine'd thanks for a great thread guys :shobon:

the idea i never got to make was doing clips of that FETISCHPRO video except with SEA PATROL, by the way. oh well.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I must have missed it, but where exactly does he use "scoobydoos" as a derogatory term for amateur divers?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I must have missed it, but where exactly does he use "scoobydoos" as a derogatory term for amateur divers?

scuba divers

scooba divers

scooby divers

scooby doos

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

blowfish posted:

scuba divers

scooba divers

scooby divers

scooby doos

I got that reference, I just want to see where he actually used that terminology.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I got that reference, I just want to see where he actually used that terminology.

he uses it a ton, here's one on the first page of this thread:

quote:

"A club in London had better sense." Ellingsley said, "They brought all their gear on a five-ton truck and sailed their four inflatables to our base in the docks in time during the surrender period and were let away without charges. The boats had names of wartime German battleships on them. Scoobydoos are like that. But all four went in our destructor just the same.".

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

First page, first post, first link.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Long live SEA PATROL.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

SEA PATROL posted:

On my way back, I heard and investigated aqualung bubbling. I found the cause where he had sneaked in down a disused boat-stair. He was in the way of shipping. He had no sonar transponder. He was easy to see with the bright colors on his kit. "Yet another chlorine-breathing alien in for a look round". I thought irritatedly at his bright yellow cylinder. Another one who neither knew or cared about either us or the rules about gas cylinder colors. He floundered round heavily to try to face me: aqualungs are heavy and stick out and make the diver heavy and slow in turning. He knew so little that he made the scoobydoo `circle and point' "hallo" sign at me as if to another sport club member. My eyes showed no emotion through the small eyeholes above my efficient-looking rebreather-mask as I punched the scoobydoo's `pillbox mask' off, and pulled his mouthpiece out as I pulled my hand back. I ordered him to surface and get on land. I followed him.

Anthrovore posted:

police brutality power fantasy, underwater flavor

If the mere idea of recreational diving doesn't fill you with murderous rage that you channel into fetishistic cataloging of diving paraphernalia...you just might be a scoobydoo.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

blowfish posted:

scuba divers

scooba divers

scooby divers

scooby doos

holy sh!t

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Ok thanks. I just wanted to confirm that "scoobydoo" was the canonical derogatory term for an amateur SCUBA diver.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
The lack of high quality goon written SEA PATROL fanfiction in this thread is disturbing.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I will write SEA PATROL versus Holy Diver eventually. Maybe. Probably not but it could happen.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

I.C. posted:

If the mere idea of recreational diving doesn't fill you with murderous rage that you channel into fetishistic cataloging of diving paraphernalia...you just might be a scoobydoo.

Makes one wonder why they wouldn't just target manufacturers of scuba equipment and deal with the 'problem' at the source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Darkman Fanpage posted:

dad scuba. so what

so you're coming down the station with me as an accessory to jaydiving, sonny

• Locked thread