Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Ludicro posted:

Makes one wonder why they wouldn't just target manufacturers of scuba equipment and deal with the 'problem' at the source.

It's like when head shops sell "water pipes" for "tobacco use only", I bet. All the dive shops are selling "regulation gear" for "work use only". SEA PATROL will sort 'em out eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sea Patrol can't stick to having just high tech or low tech ways to execute scooby dos.

For some reason some executions use rail guns while other executions are done using baseball bats.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I will write SEA PATROL versus Holy Diver eventually. Maybe. Probably not but it could happen.

FanFiction.net makes you wait 12 hours after registering an account to post anything. So it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Casimir Radon posted:

There's that world of diving mmo coming out soon. We could start a Sea Patrol that goes around harassing scoobydoos.

You're kidding me that would be awesome

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

etalian posted:

Sea Patrol can't stick to having just high tech or low tech ways to execute scooby dos.

For some reason some executions use rail guns while other executions are done using baseball bats.

Everyone loves feeling the crack of the skull of some unlicensed, clueless Scoobydoo who can't even manage to get his tank colors right!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
as if you had a chance to execute a scoobydoo scofflaw with a bassball bat you wouldn't jump on it like wide on rice.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

a starwar betamax posted:

as if you had a chance to execute a scoobydoo scofflaw with a bassball bat you wouldn't jump on it like wide on rice.

I prefer executing scoobydoos with ray guns, because then I can use the raygun on their tank and blow it up too. Two problems, one gun. Though a baseball bat will do in a pinch, it doesn't cut the mustard.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Holy poo poo, the clubs that SEA PATROL is equipped with are supposed to be pickaxe handles. Such a bizarre thing to be hung-up on. Like even moreso than electromagnetic-powered nailguns, Mossberg Mariner rust-proof pump-action shotguns or helicopter-backpacks.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The pickaxe handle...an elegant weapon...for a more civilized age.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Some folks call it a pickaxe handle, but I call it a pick helve, mmmm hmmm.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Dr Cheeto posted:

The pickaxe handle...an elegant weapon...for a more civilized age.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
What's the statue of limitations on recreational diving? I just found out my dad used to scuba dive for fun back in the 1970s....

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I can only hope someone makes a new Sea Patrol thread when this one is goldmined, Obsurveyor is still working on his game!

I was thinking of adding some of the many highlights of the thread to the OP for the goldmine, but looking back over it I kind of like the descent into insanity over the first few pages, I made this thread five minutes after finding the larashots site and had no idea just how awesome Sea Patrol would turn out to be. Thoughts?

Also no sea patrol fanfic would be complete without at least one scene where one frogman tells another about the merits of the Siebe-Gorman company/ its rebreathers

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Anthrovore posted:

I can only hope someone makes a new Sea Patrol thread when this one is goldmined, Obsurveyor is still working on his game!

I was thinking of adding some of the many highlights of the thread to the OP for the goldmine, but looking back over it I kind of like the descent into insanity over the first few pages, I made this thread five minutes after finding the larashots site and had no idea just how awesome Sea Patrol would turn out to be. Thoughts?

Also no sea patrol fanfic would be complete without at least one scene where one frogman tells another about the merits of the Siebe-Gorman company/ its rebreathers

seconding the no highlights. it was as you said a terrifying gradual descent into the mind of a crazy man.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

There's that world of diving mmo coming out soon. We could start a Sea Patrol that goes around harassing scoobydoos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYWJMt9zuDM

poaching
"salvaging"
customising your equipment

Practically everything that goes on in that video would throw a stalwart SEA PATROL man into a murderous rage

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

well if we're getting goldmine'd thanks for a great thread guys :shobon:

the idea i never got to make was doing clips of that FETISCHPRO video except with SEA PATROL, by the way. oh well.
RAGE SHARK CAGE

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I myself prefer the elegance of using your diving knife to cut a swimmer's hose and watching the life leave his panicked eyes

Ser Pounce
Feb 9, 2010

In this world the weak are always victims of the strong

Dave_Indeed posted:

I bet he went in to the aquarium and just wailed on some manta ray things in that section where they swim around and you get to pet them as they go by.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Herman Merman posted:

poaching
"salvaging"

Practically everything that goes on in that video would throw a stalwart SEA PATROL man into a murderous rage

Well up for joining a SEA PATROL goonswarm when that game comes out.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Holy poo poo, the clubs that SEA PATROL is equipped with are supposed to be pickaxe handles. Such a bizarre thing to be hung-up on. Like even moreso than electromagnetic-powered nailguns, Mossberg Mariner rust-proof pump-action shotguns or helicopter-backpacks.

back in my day when carrying out very legal and work related diving activity, we used pickaxe handles as tools occasionally because we forgot to order the correct regulation-type sticks :corsair:

Ser Pounce
Feb 9, 2010

In this world the weak are always victims of the strong

a starwar betamax posted:

That's an issue pick axe handle, 3 ft long and sometimes used to bash sharks on the nose, not some 'baseball bat, you clueless scoobydoo.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Darkman Fanpage posted:

dad scuba. so what

Scuba enabler.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Chanted:
Sea patrol! Sea patrol! Boiler suits on!
Sea patrol! Sea patrol! Boilersuits on!

Sung:
Wherever adventure seek us,
The sea patrol is there!
Whatever feat before us,
The sea patrol will dare!
Out about and round the bend
Recreational diving we will end,
By land, by sea, by air, we brave
For Sea Patrol controls the waves!

Chanted:

Sung:
Whoever dives too freely
The sea patrol will catch!
When the foe's resolve is steely,
The sea patrol will match!
Plundered wrecks, and day-glo tanks,
and evil-doers in the scooby ranks,
we will catch, we will beat, and dig their grave,

Chanted:
Boiler suits on!
On!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Herman Merman posted:

poaching
"salvaging"

how do you kill people in this

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
with a pickaxe handle or a raygun, duh :rolleye:

or maybe a salt-resistant mossberg

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
it's still in development, it should be no problem to ask the devs to implement a few new features

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

it's an old fashioned working class weapon, featured in countless strike breaking actions and very popular in demonstrations for over a century. in italy it's nicknamed "the stalin" and historically brandished by the communist party's security service at parades. some union workers still march in parades in anti-riot police formation, holding "stalins" horizontally in front of them with both hands

do you remember that turkish blockade runner bringing aid to the gaza strip, that was boarded by israeli marines a few years ago? most of the weapons they confiscated were pickaxe handles

it's a euro thing I guess

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

hackbunny posted:

it's an old fashioned working class weapon, featured in countless strike breaking actions and very popular in demonstrations for over a century. in italy it's nicknamed "the stalin" and historically brandished by the communist party's security service at parades. some union workers still march in parades in anti-riot police formation, holding "stalins" horizontally in front of them with both hands

do you remember that turkish blockade runner bringing aid to the gaza strip, that was boarded by israeli marines a few years ago? most of the weapons they confiscated were pickaxe handles

it's a euro thing I guess

I see. But all the other SEA PATROL weapons are so tacti-cool/high tech, why would they be using such a low-class weapon? Is a proper baton too much to ask for when you've got yourself jetpacks and rayguns?

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Testikles posted:

Chanted:
Sea patrol! Sea patrol! Boilersuits on!

Sung:
Wherever adventure seek us,
The sea patrol is there!
Whatever feat before us,
The sea patrol will dare!
Out about and round the bend
Recreational diving we will end,
By land, by sea, by air, we brave

Chanted:

Sung:
Whoever dives too freely
The sea patrol will catch!
When the foe's resolve is steely,
The sea patrol will match!
Plundered wrecks, and day-glo tanks,
and evil-doers in the scooby ranks,
we will catch, we will beat, and dig their grave,

Chanted:
Boiler suits on!
On!

SEA PATROL salutes you.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

I see. But all the other SEA PATROL weapons are so tacti-cool/high tech, why would they be using such a low-class weapon? Is a proper baton too much to ask for when you've got yourself jetpacks and rayguns?

otoh, hobnailed boots

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

well if we're getting goldmine'd thanks for a great thread guys :shobon:

the idea i never got to make was doing clips of that FETISCHPRO video except with SEA PATROL, by the way. oh well.

SHAME DESTRUCTOR

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

That feel from the good old days when the ocean was free of all these half lung scooby snorkle-heads.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Detective Thompson posted:

It's like when head shops sell "water pipes" for "tobacco use only", I bet. All the dive shops are selling "regulation gear" for "work use only". SEA PATROL will sort 'em out eventually.

That's why they're selling scoobydoo gear out of fast food joints and bars, but SEA PATROL busts those up and vacuums everyone involved.

gohuskies posted:

SEA PATROL follows scoobydoos wherever they go. They thought they'd be able to dive safely in inland lakes... they thought wrong.

They need to get rid of that drat house as well, it would never survive on a mountain lake. Clearly amateurs failing at looking inconspicuous, might as well color it dayglo like their tanks.

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad

d'aww :3

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Seeing as how the graphics are, the Sea Patrol animated series would probably be more of a Beast Wars vintage show.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Q: How do you stop 5 scoobies from recreationally diving in your blue hole?

A: With gamma bursts.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Maybe if you're on LADY SEA PATROL.

I'd use a pick handle myself.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Thanks Scoobama.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I learned a lot about axe handles today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

This thread makes me wish for a Sea Patrol themed version of Xcom.

Over time you upgrade your sea patrol troops from pick ax handles to rail guns.

Instead of preventing terror missions like in Xcom you do ops such as breaking into random dive instructor schools to massacre all the participants.

• Locked thread