Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

I can't even remember what I was given, but when I was about 11 and about to be dropped by my friends who were bullying me, they gave me something used and crappy (I think a used notebook with the written-on pages torn out) and then basically couldn't contain their laughter in front of me when I gave them decent presents. It was more about the deliberate disrespect than anything.

One Christmas my well-meaning Aunt gave me a hideous sweater-cardigan thing. This aunt has bad taste in general, but she used to be really close with me, so I usually make a point of wearing or using her gifts in front of her a couple of times before tossing them. The thing was completely nonsensical though, it was impossible to tell which side was the front or back, if it was inside out or not, and how the weird cords on it should be tied. So of course I did it wrong and had to sit through her fussing with it the couple of times i was around her with it.

13Pandora13 posted:

Lol yeah not liking something or being given something passive-aggressively immediately puts everyone on par with that WWE2k15 kid, good job buddy. :bravo:

There's no need to take it personally.

For a story about someone showing ingratitude, I gave my mother Chanel No.5 one year, along with a purse. She later told me that she prefers J'adore by Dior, so she sold it on eBay for 60 quid (about 80% of what I paid for it). I mean, it's her right to do that, but I wish she hadn't told me as I just kept wishing I had the money back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread