Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ah, somebody's taking another run at this game! Good luck keeping things together.

I have to say, if that's the real Inspector Chelmey, we were better off with the fake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Freakin' LP curse.

It doesn't help with the puzzles that the absolutely brainbendingly impossible ones look exactly the same on the surface as the stone-simple ones.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
A tiny model house on a train car is our puzzle flashback? Sure, why not.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I do question that posh lady's dress sense.

Luke's Big Dinner: The meal in total cost 105 zenny, of which the Prof paid 35 and Luke 70. The only items that add up to 35 are the three in the upper-left, costing 8, 13, and 14, so Luke ate everything else. Or tried to, at least.

On Your Plate: Spin that little china watermark in its circle and you've got a Sierpinski triangle, made up of 4 smaller ones of equivalent size. So the big triangle is 4 times the size of the little one.

The Shoe Shop Thief: The shop is out 50 pounds - 30 for the pair of shoes, and 20 for the other shop's change that the lady walked off with.

The Train Journey: Six people got on, and one got off at each stop.

Crazy Daisies: It's actually A, which is right there. B's got an extra spot and C's flower centers are the wrong color.

Red Caps: There had to be at least 4 red caps or nobody would get a red balloon. But if there were more than 4, everyone wearing a red cap would see them and everybody would get a red balloon. So exactly 6 kids got red balloons.

Glazius fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 2, 2016

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, that inspector is pretty dang noir, isn't he?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
12 (Clouds and Sky) The picture is 6 sky : 4 clouds. Creating a 10-by-10 grid reveals 2 panels of solid sky and 4 pairs of sky/cloud panels that are inversions of each other, adding up to 1 full panel of cloud and sky apiece.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Good lord, train man, could you be any more suspicious about this coincidence of years?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
A puzzle sparked by a featureless green field. Well, Layton is nothing if not devoted to his craft.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like that the last plot-lock of a puzzle there is framed almost like something a real person would actually say.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Everybody's been pretty good so far, but I think the flag's a bit different from what people are saying.

...well, I'm assuming that a flag design back-to-front is different from the same colors front-to-back, which may not be true, but here we go.

The left section of the flag nearest the pole can be any of 4 colors - A, B, C, and white. Then the middle section can be the 3 colors that aren't the left section, and the right section can be the 3 colors the aren't the middle section.

4 * 3 * 3 = 36.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh no! The train is being robbed by Poison Ivy! Quick, detective, set up the Gentleman's Batsignal!

(The gentleman's batsignal is the sound of a bat crying out, which is much less obtrusive than a big ol' spotlight.)

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So who was suppose to be in that car for the ride to Folsense?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Does... does someone need to change that dog's diaper?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. A lot of the puzzles in Folsense are giving you a lot more information than you need to solve them. I wonder if that's supposed to be thematic or something?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Phelddagrif posted:

085 took me a minute, but it's one of those that's super obvious in hindsight:

All you've got to do is rotate the image 90 degrees clockwise. Doing so reveals that the blocks are carved to resemble their numbers (except the first one, that kinda throws the pattern off). Rotating the options for block #4 reveals that the answer is obviously B.

Well, it's a single thick line. That's still a 1.

Also I love that Beluga thinks if he bugs Sammy enough the dude will just begrudgingly do whatever. Even find priceless lost artifacts.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like how Chelmley and Barton are doing some police-themed puzzles for us. That's nice variety.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I just noticed that Luke and Layton are little tea fairies on the blending screen. I suppose a gentleman will do anything for a good cuppa.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Maybe "Don Paolo" is just a different costume and the dude's just super wiry.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I love how some of these illustrations sell the puzzle.

That tiny dog would completely turn into a tiny pinball, puzzle or no.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Of course Layton would want to meet a vampire. Do you know how many puzzles something knows that's been alive for so long?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Dang. This last stretch of puzzles has actually been pretty directly relevant. Usually these are broken up with somebody posing you a tangentially related conundrum.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The castle itself is actually a cheap plywood facade? I never would have guessed.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, who taught Layton to have a sword fight with a vampire? He needs to thank that teacher pronto.

The megabus in W33 drives north 5 blocks, east 4 blocks, south 4 blocks, west 3 blocks, south 1 block, west 2 blocks, north 4 blocks, and east until it's out.

If only it could have turned left to start with

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. I solved 140 about like so: each block has one block on the uppermost layer, and you can't spin them, so the chief block must have at least 5 blocks one tier down so the other 4 can fill in the holes.

149: Each number is the sum of the squares of the other two sides digits in the previous number, so 5*5 + 8*8 is 89.
152: 12 people played (12 * 11)/2 = 66 hands total ideally, meaning Monty missed 7 of his possible hands, leaving him to only play 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's nice to see a game hand off to the sequel, and rare but neat to see it take a handoff back in return.

• Locked thread