Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:
27 - A dramatic farewell: The lady saying goodbye has her scarf billowing in the breeze--but nothing else in the painting suggests any kind of wind.

29 - The Warped Wheel: The hole is near the top and the shape of the "wheel" means it'll slip slightly when the end with the hole touches the ground, so I'm going to guess "A".

30 - Which Arrow?: Use a straightedge and it's trivial to see that the correct arrow is in fact "B".

31 - The Trapped Bird: Tracing paths A and C result in dead ends, so process of elimination suggests the true path is "B".

dotchan fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

39, A Change of Clothes: Since C has red trousers and a blue shirt, that means A has white trousers and a red shirt, and B has red trousers and a white shirt.

31, Pass the Apples: This word problem is identical to the equations J - 1 = T + 1, T - 2 = 3(J - 2); solving them, we find that Thomas has one apple and Johnny has three

46, Odd Shape Out: Try as I might, I can't get shape D to play well with the others

35, Which House Where: I drew some Venn diagrams for possible house locations and then eliminated the ones that would make the other clues incorrect. A is green, B is blue, C is red, and D is yellow

54, Painting the Flag: There's probably some way to math this, but I found it easier to just write out all of the legal permutations and then count them. You can have 3 flags with a white background and single middle colored stripe, 3 with a color background and a single middle white stripe, 6 with a color background and a differently colored middle stripe, and 6 where all three stripes are differently colored, for a total of 18 flags.

40, The Patterned Box: I found this way easier to solve when I had an actual cube in my hand to play with. My solution.

49, A Royal Showoff: His Majesty bought a phone, an item that he wouldn't be able to properly show off without other people also owning one as soon as possible.

55, Sammy's Necklace: Pick one of the links and disassemble the whole thing, then use the result to link the remaining chains into a single necklace. This way, Sammy only opens and closes 7 links and spends 14 pounds.

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

quote:

I am unbelievably envious of how easy people that aren't me seem to have found this one. Teach me your ways, magical people.

Nothing magical about what I did. I built an actual cube using the pictures as guides and then unfolded it again and drew the result.

• Locked thread