Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

027: I remember this one, the man has somehow pushed up both the window and the window frame to lean out of the train, which isn't how frames work.

041: C because the bottom isn't actually a square.

028: Since the axle isn't exactly on the corner, A is the best fit.

029: B

036: B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

47. 20 votes total are needed in order to guarantee victory. To see how this makes sense, assume that one person is guaranteed only their own vote and that nobody else will vote for them - then you're left with 2 candidates sharing 39 votes, and if one reaches 20 votes, the other will be left with at most 19.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

W12: Top-right corner piece goes to the middle. If you've ever played tic-tac-toe in your life it's hardly even a puzzle and the first clue is a gimme even if you haven't.
W14: The hard way to solve this involves tracing the route, but the much easier way is just to realize that the beginning and end must be the only islands with odd numbers of roads going to them, which leaves only A.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

067: Sammy works three days and gets two days off in a five day cycle. There are 365 days in a year, which divided by 5 comes out to 73 cycles, and since we're looking for the number of days he works the answer is 73 * 3 = 219 days.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

087:

066: Turning the red dial 1 notch clockwise causes the blue dial to turn 1 notch counter-clockwise. Since 0 on red is 5 on blue, the combination used on red to match 3641 on blue is 2714.

079: B

081: The first guess in this game of Mastermind reveals that the digits used in the code are 0, 1, 4, and 5. The third guess has two digits in the right spots, which in combo with the first guess shows us that the code is 01xx (because those are the only two repeated numbers between both guesses). With this info we can see that the second guess gives us the final two digits, since the 0 is clearly the white peg digit and the 3 does not belong in the code. The code to open the safe is thus 0154.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Gonna use Up/Down/Left/Right notation for the ice puzzles:

126 - URDLURU

127- ULURDRDRULDRDRU

128 - URULDLDRDRULU

Last one isn't clear and I don't care for it.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

130: The bottom middle of the painting reveals a partial reflection of the couple, which means they're actually dancing on ice.
131: The post at the bottom left is the only one that the rope actually loops around and thus the only one the man will actually get stuck on when he runs off.
134: Only two valves need to be opened: the one directly below tank 1, and the one directly above the third valve from the left on the boiler.
088: The puzzle never says we have to follow the outlined path, so it's 6 jumps - the first two are to the right, the other 4 go down.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

135:

136 - Third from the bottom, fifth from the left, directly under the 'arrow' of single square stars.

w23 - If D is false, then B and C are false. Therefore since only two statements can be false, D is true. If Lisa and Sam are the two children though, then B is true and C is true in additon to D being true, so only one of them is the son/daughter. If B is false, the couple is Lisa/Dan and the kids are Mary/Sam - Sam is younger than Dan so C is true, and A is also true which makes too many true statements. Therefore B is true, A and C are false and the couple is Mary/Sam.

w24:
1. 9x + 7 = 7x + 9
2. 2x + 7 = 9
3. 2x = 2
4. x = 1

w25 - Neither B nor A can be Judy, therefore C is Judy, B is Anna, and A is Ellie who is lying today.

137 - "Blade in hand" leads me to believe it's got to be the sword held in the left hand of the right figure - he's wielding it after all and it looks like it's of a useful length. It might be the one in his right hand though, I can't be sure he's really holding it in his left hand or how literal the game is being here (i.e. does gripping the blade through the scabbard count more than just gripping the pommel?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

If everything in the gas was a hallucination, what did Layton and everyone else real actually eat while in Folsense? Maybe Layton and Luke specifically didn't eat on camera, but at the end when Chelmey is being chased by a dog Barton is clearly eating something. We have Don Paolo's mask, so presumably he might have been real, but what happened when he 'killed' one of the non-existing people in Folsense? Like, you can say that oh yes he just hallucinated killing someone and the real cast hallucinated the hallucination being dead but you'd think the actions correlated to something in the real world.

I can't actually come up with a better explanation that isn't less grounded in reality but still!

• Locked thread