Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
56: The X has to be in position two. The circle has to be above the diamond, which has to be two above the moon, and the only pattern that fits that is circle in position 1, diamond in 3, and moon in 5, leaving star in position 4. So the answer is Circle, X, Diamond, Star, Moon

W06: The big square is 2 times bigger. The circle is tangent to the big square and has a tangent square inside it, so pointing the corners of the small square at the points where the circle is tangent makes it pretty obvious.

W07: A = 8, B = 9. Because x+x = 2x, A has to be even, and from there it's simply a matter of trying the possibilities.

W08: The answer should be 16, I think? The number is found by adding everything (everything being the individual digits, that is).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

I remember the answer to 059, but this is the last one of the story puzzles I remember! Hooray, everything is new again.

W10: B. C's lower chick is facing the wrong way, and the third chicken down on A has its eyes closed.

W11: Blue, though I did this in my head and without writing any of it down so I probably screwed up somewhere along the line.

W12: Top right to middle. It sets up a fork and black can only block one move.

W13: C. A is the result from cutting it in half without the twist, and B is... I don't know but it's not getting cut in half properly.

W14: A. It's the only island (other than the goal) with an odd number of bridges. So you have to leave from there in order to make sure the parity works out. Oh, and the path is A-B-C-D-C-E-B-A-E-D-F-E-Goal

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

Oh, huh. I kinda figured we'd already flown way past wherever Accursed Walrus' thread died. For some reason, I thought that petered out somewhere in Dropstone.

Nope. We were at least this far, maybe a little further. I'm not sure, because I lost track of the thread around this part.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

61: The hotel is building C - it has HOTEL in the windows and doors.

W15: Since you're just rotating it 90 degrees, it'll be facing up after four rotations. Then there's one more, so the arrow will be pointing left, just like B

W16: It's a weird one. The inner numbers have to be 1 and 6 (which eliminates B and D). Because Die A is equivalent to Die 2 rotated a few times, we can eliminate that one as well. That leaves Die C to be the missing one.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Yeah, same here. These weren't very difficult, just more tedious than anything.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

60. Draw a ring around the center, splitting them into two donut shapes.

85. The answer is B because rotated, it makes a 4 and fits the pattern.

76. It's the tower itself which is kinda dumb.

That last puzzle is one where I've seen the answer before, so I won't submit, but it's one of those weird ones where seeing the logic behind the answer makes sense, but it requires several assumptions that aren't covered in the problem.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

064: Pull out 100 stones, since then it's a 50-50 chance you get the money. It's the best odds.

069: 3. Copy A+B, fold C back to copy C+F, then fold D+E.

071: Unless I did some mental math wrong, she's 15.

074: Well, all three openings lead to garlic. So, we plug up the other openings - his nostrils. This one took me longer than I care to admit.

075: I don't feel like drawing it out, but KataraniSword's answer is what I got.

092: That chunk in the bottom right corner - gold, two chunks of copper, and one chunk of silver.

096: B. It's the only one with the correct elbows, tail, and number of fingers.

110: This one was hard to understand. Right 1, down 2, right 2, down 1, right 1.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

113. 6. Because 1 is facing us, 6 is eliminated for the bottom die's hidden face, which means it has to be either 2, 3, 4, or 5. It can't be 5 - because no face on the die is 0, meaning the sum between the two is greater than 5 - so let's work backwards. 4 means that the matching face has to be 1, which means that the top hidden face of the second die is 6, which doesn't work. 3 means that the matching face has to be 2, which means the top hidden face of the second die is 5, which also doesn't work. That leaves 2 as our only option, which matches to 3, meaning the top hidden face is 4; this forces the matching face to be 1, meaning the top face of the third die is 6.

124. It should be C. B can't be used to make the far-right UFO, and A can't be used to make the far-left UFO, leaving C.

086. Derp, this one took too long to get. It's the alphabet on the right, reflected on the left. So make the A and reflect it by filling in all of the lines except the horizontal lines on the bottom.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

112. Ignore the puzzle entirely. Connect the negative wire to the other line of the light.

065. Left to right, top to bottom: 2, 4, 3, 1, 6, 5. Each line adds up to ten, which is the best thing that you can get (since the 6 goes in the two-line spot).

073. A

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Oh hey, plot! That's a thing in this game.

W18: The answer is C. It's another one of those island-bridge problems, so C is the only answer that makes every spot have an even number of branches, not including the one where we start.

W19: Bill is 9, Rupert is 6. (I can do the math correctly but I just brute-forced it.)

W20: I think it's D? Geometry was never my best subject.

W21: 0. (x-x) results in 0, and 0 times anything is 0.

W22: There are 25 gems, since the gems are arranged in a 5x5 pattern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Bacon In A Wok posted:

114: Assuming that (1) A and B worked at an equal pace and (2) C would have worked at the same pace had he not been 'injured', then C's share of the work is three person-days. A did two-thirds of C's job, B did one-third. A gets six coins, B gets three.

109: Dad catches up with daughter after ten seconds of walking, dog runs a total of fifty meters during that time.

I'd write it out, but yeah, this is exactly how I figured those two out myself.

095: It's just building a mental model. Assuming we have to close the box, it's five books.

• Locked thread