Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Tax Refund posted:

W13: I remember from my childhood math books that the answer is C, but I still have no idea how that works.

GeneralYeti posted:

W13: C. A is the result from cutting it in half without the twist, and B is... I don't know but it's not getting cut in half properly.

W13: B! In addition to only having one 'side', a Mobius strip only has one edge--trace along it and see. Since we never cut that edge when we cut the Mobius strip down the middle, it must still be one continuous edge in the resulting shape. In other words, we can't wind up with two separate loops, despite having cut it in half. B is the only shape like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread