Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

i got a $50 gift card and was thinking of getting on anyway, but i have a bunch of xbox360 controllers that work just about fine, is there any reason to upgrade like is the xbones worth $60? thanks and god bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Get a dualshock 4 or wii u pro controller

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have an XBOX One controller and I can't tell the difference between it and my old XBOX 360 controller.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
get a steam controller so you can know the joys of spending 45 minutes fine tuning the controls to get it just perfect.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bolverkur posted:

Get a dualshock 4 or wii u pro controller

how are the analog sticks on the wii u pro controller when youre using it for pc gaming?

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I have an Xbox One controller for PC gaming and the dpad is way better but very clicky and loud. Other than that it's good, but if you don't care about the extra wrangling you'll have to do to get it to work with games I'd say get a Dualshock 4 instead.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Larry Parrish posted:

I have an XBOX One controller and I can't tell the difference between it and my old XBOX 360 controller.

The triggers are better but the shoulder buttons are rear end.

Get a WiiU or DS4 controller op.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

360 user here. It's alright.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
you dont need a controller to play paradox strategy games so I'd say theres really no reason to get one

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

thanks guys, I think i'll just live with my 360 ones for a while and spend the money on a flight stick or something to shove in my butt

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love my DS4 but I wish I didn't have to have a dedicated program running in the background just to use it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish they made a DS4 knockoff that was as big and fat as an Xbox controller, because I have large hands and the PS controller is too dainty. So like an Xbox controller with the left stick and dpad swapped.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Larry Parrish posted:

I wish they made a DS4 knockoff that was as big and fat as an Xbox controller, because I have large hands and the PS controller is too dainty. So like an Xbox controller with the left stick and dpad swapped.

this what you're looking for?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Action Tortoise posted:

this what you're looking for?

That looks like it's real low quality probably but yeah I think so. I really like my wireless Xbox controller though. Wonder if they make bootleg ones that work with my receiver or something.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

That looks like it's real low quality probably but yeah I think so. I really like my wireless Xbox controller though. Wonder if they make bootleg ones that work with my receiver or something.

Steelseries makes pretty nice stuff in my experience

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I have an Xbone controller for my PC and the D pad is way better than the 360 one but they hosed up the bumpers bad. they're super high up on the controller and hard for my girlish skeletal fingers to access

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

unironically: get a steam controller

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

StabMasterArson posted:

unironically: get a steam controller

it's so drat weird to use

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought a steam controller but it hasn't shown up in the mail yet.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

how are the analog sticks on the wii u pro controller when youre using it for pc gaming?

Same as on the Wii U.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Nintendo also has the best current D-Pads, so, there's also that.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Also if your used to the button layout on Wii U the Mayflash adapter for PC (it also works on PS3 I think) actually maps the buttons to the corresponding ones on the Wii U controller.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Get that 200$ Xbox One Elite controller with the little paddles/wings in the back

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Gimbal lock posted:

Get that 200$ Xbox One Elite controller with the little paddles/wings in the back

Wasn't that originally made for disabled gamers and then marketed to oorah Chris Kyle children?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I think my current favorite D-pad is actually on the Vita.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Wasn't that originally made for disabled gamers and then marketed to oorah Chris Kyle children?

Is that why you're always so bitter, cultural appropriation?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gimbal lock posted:

Boom headshot

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Gimbal lock posted:

lol what

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Holy Guacamole. Guys, let's chill and tune into some drat Zeldathon...

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Wormskull posted:

The Nintendo D-pad has been the best part of Nintendo controllers, console and portable, since the GameCube

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gimbal lock posted:

What does this even mean. Can someone translate human being speak.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

What does this even mean. Can someone translate human being speak.

He's calling Daikatana Ritsu disabled, or, less PCly... Retarded.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

He's calling Daikatana Ritsu disabled, or, less PCly... Retarded.

I thought he said he was appropriating Retard Culture though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No matter what he meant, it is definitely a terrifying look into the twisted mind of an Ubisoft developer.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I just hope the ubisoft guy starts liking me again.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh man... The music just turned into a pop punk version of Zelda... Win!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Gimbal lock posted:

I got that with my xbox. It's definitely the best feeling controller I've got, as far as materials and texture are concerned, but I took out the paddles and still haven't found a reason to put them back.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna miss the beginning. Zounds!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
$150 for a controller is insanity though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Wormskull posted:

Also if your used to the button layout on Wii U the Mayflash adapter for PC (it also works on PS3 I think) actually maps the buttons to the corresponding ones on the Wii U controller.

you can have the adapter change to xbox button mapping by holding start + b on the controller

you just have to remember that a = b and x = y from now on

• Locked thread