Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

StabMasterArson posted:

unironically: get a steam controller

it's so drat weird to use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

crunk dork posted:

I got a steam controller yesterday and its pretty cool,if ur lazy like me you can just grab the most used community config for a game instead of messing with it, it remembers what button mapping u use for each game as well and the controller makes Nokia ringtone sounds u can customize.

they had to remove two of the sounds because they were bricking controllers or something

one thing that sucks about the steam controller is that some games dont support mixed controls so you ahve to duplicate entire gamepad setups just so you can use mouse mode on the right pad. joystick mode on the right pad is just miserable

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SM64Guy posted:

what does it have over an xbox one or ps4 controller. is it a weird touchpad mouse thing? why not just use a mouse?

if you use trackball mode for the mouse and also use motion controls (i use one of the back buttons to enable it) you get insane precision, and it's as comfortable as a normal controller

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWf-q0FxTBM this dude is the steam controller whisperer and explains why you'd want to use it and how ti use it in a lot of games

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SM64Guy posted:

is the dpad really good enough for platformers and fighting games? that was a big thing that always turned me off

it doesn't feel like it at first but it's all up to your configuration

i just turned on the beta thing that lets you see raw input and the touchpad is incredibly sensitive. i might give it a try later bound as a joystick to see how it goes in usfiv or something

edit: i gave it a try. it's weird. I put my finger on the dpad direction i'm going to push well before i do it normally and since it's in touch mode the dpad detects that as me going ahead and pushing it

the angles also feel kind of wrong but that's probably just me, i kept trying to do dan's kick move and doing d,db instead of d,db,b

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Dec 29, 2015

• Locked thread