Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Wormskull posted:

Nintendo also has the best current D-Pads, so, there's also that.

i like the ds4 dpad pretty well. fighting games on it dont destroy my thumbs at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

im shocked people keep buying steam controllers

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

what does it have over an xbox one or ps4 controller. is it a weird touchpad mouse thing? why not just use a mouse?

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

crunk dork posted:

To me it feels like a good mix of gamepad and mouse and was extremely easy to use without have to gently caress with button mappings too much... And no 3rd party input wrapper/driver like I had to use with a ds3

i was mainly curious, i guess it'd be nice in something like mgsv where you only have two speeds (running and walking) because they hosed up the pc controls for that at least

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Doctor Goat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWf-q0FxTBM this dude is the steam controller whisperer and explains why you'd want to use it and how ti use it in a lot of games

is the dpad really good enough for platformers and fighting games? that was a big thing that always turned me off

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

I'm really glad that fighting sticks have gotten to the point where I just plug it into the computer and it works with 0 hassle on like 10 different game and programs. Which is very handy

yeah i wouldnt play a fg with it but if the dpad works for those it would seem like it could function with anything mainly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

There's a cool vid of some guy who mapped the D-pad to the gyroscope and was pulling off shoryukens in USFIV with calculated controller whips.

hell yeah.

• Locked thread