Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

About 30km/19 miles, what I do know is it was 28km from Lake Magog to the south end of Spray Lakes but we spent a while wandering around the looping trails at Assiniboine Lodge trying to find the proper traihead because it had just snowed plus they had huge areas fenced off for renovating the lodge. I figure we put in an extra couple kilometers there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I'm fine for blisters, they rarely form. My personal issue with long distances is just sore feet. After about 17km I don't want to stop for a break, because if I do, the numbness built up from walking on sore feet goes away. When the feeling comes back after a rest and you start to go again, it hurts so bad.

I think the only real remedy for that is just to walk really far as often as possible to build a tolerance.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

social vegan posted:

a couple blocks

Shittiest hike of all time. Try harder!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

glowing-fish posted:

Wow, I thought this forum was supposed to be a shame free zone.

Sorry

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

social vegan posted:

does jogging count??

Yes! :peanut:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

glowing-fish posted:

Go back to YLLS.

This isn't about exercise, this is about experience. On your jog, did you pick up a hammer that you forgot about until airport security found it in your bag, weeks later?

Did you not see my callout earlier? If you don't apologize in the next 10 minutes you are getting a probation do I make myself clear?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

glowing-fish posted:

I didn't, and I do apologize. I don't really want to make people feel bad that they aren't as poor and pathetic as me.

I also slept through my probation.

I figured, I just really wanted to post that bear gif

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

42km, it's 21km to Hargreaves shelter. Still very far! I've seen people do it as trailruns, I was impressed.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

That's a very far distance and you finished so kudos to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Deep Thought posted:

Probably a few miles, 5 tops. I think someone would have to be pretty misled about the pleasures and benefits of walking to do more than that.

I think you're in the wrong subforum.

• Locked thread