Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Not the farthest, but I just hiked seven miles in an hour and a half the other day. Of course, that was jogging all the downhill sections.

I think the farthest was 22 miles for me... I accidentally took the wrong path and looped back to the car, so I was like gently caress it, I'm going home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Deep Thought posted:

Probably a few miles, 5 tops. I think someone would have to be pretty misled about the pleasures and benefits of walking to do more than that.

This just makes me sad

Canna Happy posted:

Walking is for poors

Funny you should say that, considering most low income neighborhoods have abysmal access to safe walking paths.

Can we count biking? Most I've done in a day is a hair over 80 miles. In fact, I just recently passed the two thousand mile mark for this year :smuggo:

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

I love how the first picture is a bunch of people having fun at the beach, zipping around in a boat, and cooking out. Whoever is marketing that park clearly forgot to read to plaque.

peramene posted:

I walked five miles from my apartment to Disneyland at a rather brisk pace after not exercising at all for 2+ years because I am a tremendous idiot. I finally got there and literally felt my calves buckle - y'know that cramp you get sometimes in the morning? I was wide awake, standing, trying to walk, and suddenly they seized up and I collapsed. The nurse at the park agreed that I was a moron.

You're not a moron, you've just taken your first steps into a larger world. Just keep at it and in a week or two you'll be knocking those miles out no like nobody's business!

• Locked thread