Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kangra
May 7, 2012

I visited all the historic missions in San Antonio in a day. I had started at the Alamo, then walked down to the first mission, then figured I could probably make it to the next one, and by that time I figured even though it was about 4 o'clock in the afternoon, why visit the place if I'm not going to do them all? I didn't make it back to my hotel until 10 p.m. About 22 miles or so all together (plus maybe another mile wandering around in the morning).

With a pack, I did a couple days of 15 miles or so when I went from Tahoe to Yosemite, but I always consider distance to be of minimal importance. Hiking Halfdome in a day is as tough as 20 miles or more on level ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Outrail posted:

Is there a trail that goes through the Donner party area? Is there anything left from that?

it's a state park.

• Locked thread