Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
What is the furthest you've ever walked in a day (or continuously?). It doesn't have to be a "hike", where you go to a trailhead and have a route. It can be walking because you need to, because you had to get somewhere, or just because you started walking and didn't stop.

When I was 19, I was leaving college in May. This was in a small town in Vermont. The Greyhound bus terminal was 25 miles away. I decided to just walk it, with my belongings in a bag on my shoulder. I think I started in late afternoon, left town, and reached the ridge of the "Green Mountains" sometime after dark, and then reached downtown Rutland at 2 AM. I went to Denny's and got some hot chocolate, then walked around town until 5 AM or whatever early hour the bus left the station. I then pretty much slept from Rutland to Madison, Wisconsin. Then two days later I reached Seattle.

Oh, and along the way, I found a hammer by the side of the road and put it in my backpack, because hey, free hammer. A week later I didn't know why my bag set off the metal detectors in the airport, and then I remembered about the hammer. Luckily, this was pre 9-11, so they were just like "whatever". Anyway, that is my long walk story. I have probably been outdone by someone, but I feel that a walk like this carrying my bags and then taking a cross-country Greyhound trip is kind of more hardcore than just going hiking on a trail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Picnic Princess posted:

Shittiest hike of all time. Try harder!

Wow, I thought this forum was supposed to be a shame free zone.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

social vegan posted:

does jogging count??

Go back to YLLS.

This isn't about exercise, this is about experience. On your jog, did you pick up a hammer that you forgot about until airport security found it in your bag, weeks later?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Picnic Princess posted:

Did you not see my callout earlier? If you don't apologize in the next 10 minutes you are getting a probation do I make myself clear?

I didn't, and I do apologize. I don't really want to make people feel bad that they aren't as poor and pathetic as me.

I also slept through my probation.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Picnic Princess posted:

I figured, I just really wanted to post that bear gif

I can do some mod sass and give you another excuse to post it, but please wait until I've done all my arguing about basketball in SAS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Cousarr posted:

I walked about 20 miles all over Seattle with my friend while we were exploring the city. We ended up not taking the bus anywhere because taking the bus is really expensive to the point you'd really only want to do it for long distances.

I've walked from Burien to Seattle. One day, because I was mad at my grandmother because she didn't like my hat.

I've also had a lot of days where I easily clocked in 10+ miles, just walking around Portland. The miles seem to fall away like that!

• Locked thread