Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I think like 15ish in the woods with a light pack, and 30 clocked with a fitbit at work one day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
My buddy and I did 16m yesterday, he had a little day pack and I had a 48L pack loaded with about 24pounds heading in, maybe 19-20pounds on the way out. We hiked a trail from a small town down to the Chesapeake bay. We did like 2k in elevation change despite never being more the 130' above sea level.

I have started taking a full pack out on day hikes to try and see what caused the massive blisters and leg pain when I did a 4 night trip over the summer. Then I had the same pack but at 30-35lbs and wore trail runners and thin wicking socks. This time I had a lighter pack and wore sock liners, wool light weight hiking socks, and boots.

This is the second weekend in a row we have done 13-16 mile hikes and my feet and legs feel fine. I think my pack needs to be sub 30lbs and and I need more foot padding, even at the expense of heat. I also preload up on Ibuprofen/Aspirin mix and re dosed after 5 hours. We also took two 20ish min breaks where I sprawled out on logs. Just having my weight off my feet for that long was amazing in keeping my feel and joints happy.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Cycling is too fast, you might as well just drive. The point of hiking is to amble along and constantly stop to check out cool poo poo and explore every side or game trail you find.

• Locked thread