Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Probably 16-18 miles while on the John Muir Trail. I think the last day out from Whitney was around 16 miles but mostly downhill, wasn't too bad.

I'm not a "put in a ton of miles" kind of person unless the timing really demands it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

If 2.6 miles is crippling then maybe you should walk more :yum:

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

shame on you picnic princess

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

I drove up to Donner Pass a few weeks ago and hiked 15 miles from the trailhead through a section of trail where there was no water and it was pretty warm and exposed. That kinda sucked. Not the furthest I've hiked in one day though.

I have some 15-16 mile days with off trail sections planned on my next trip coming up in a week...will have to see if I can keep up that pace while traveling cross country, might be a bit ambitious.

• Locked thread