Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko

We can jog box if we want to. We can leave your friends behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A LOVELY LAD

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

Update on disgusting toe that noone asked for. Its broke.

Gonna switch to a non kicky fightsport once ive healed up a bit as its gonna be a a few months till its fully healed.

fuck. marry. t-rex

little munchkin posted:

jogging is legit awful but sometimes you gots to do cardio and only have 45 minutes or whatever

Jump rope

fuck. marry. t-rex

Also you can do skip kicks

Olympic Mathlete

:h:

A new bouldering place has opened up in town aaaaaaaaaaaand I'm yet to get there for a climb because I've been busy doing DIY and fixing cars and other dumb boring poo poo.

I did however buy a new rear wheel for my road bike which is nice and also means I don't have to ride my mountainbike to work any more which is cool. Also my garage gym is now getting sweatier due to the weather so I need to go buy a big fan.

Impkins Patootie

Olympic Mathlete posted:

A new bouldering place has opened up in town aaaaaaaaaaaand I'm yet to get there for a climb because I've been busy doing DIY and fixing cars and other dumb boring poo poo.

I did however buy a new rear wheel for my road bike which is nice and also means I don't have to ride my mountainbike to work any more which is cool. Also my garage gym is now getting sweatier due to the weather so I need to go buy a big fan.

garage gyms are bad rear end :radcat:

bonus points if u have a punching bag hanging next to a fridge full of tall boys and grill meats, and ofc a soundsystem that could support a Dinosaur Jr concert

Impkins Patootie fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 27, 2017

Olympic Mathlete

King of the Beach posted:

garage gyms are bad rear end :radcat:

bonus points if u have a punching bag hanging next to a fridge full of tall boys and grill meats, and ofc a soundsystem that could support a Dinosaur Jr concert

My dream is to have enough space (this is a UK sized garage, not one of those lovely US style huge ones sadly) to house the PA kit I store elsewhere so I can happily work out to bowel-shatteringly loud sub-bass in peace.

One day.

Also the fridge + meat thing is a must.

Impkins Patootie

Olympic Mathlete posted:

My dream is to have enough space (this is a UK sized garage, not one of those lovely US style huge ones sadly) to house the PA kit I store elsewhere so I can happily work out to bowel-shatteringly loud sub-bass in peace.

One day.

Also the fridge + meat thing is a must.

Now that's what I call UK Garage~ :q:

Olympic Mathlete

I was tempted to make that joke but refrained :v:

Impkins Patootie

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I was tempted to make that joke but refrained :v:

At your service. :tipshat:

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

Just climbed up Roy's peak in Wanaka, NZ. 1300M elivation gain in 2 hours. It's a steep one but the view was good. 1578M total height.

Olympic Mathlete

No photos of said view?

Manifisto

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Just climbed up Roy's peak in Wanaka, NZ. 1300M elivation gain in 2 hours. It's a steep one but the view was good. 1578M total height.

awesome! I love nz, haven't done much hiking there but would love to do more.

GoodbyeTurtles

Olympic Mathlete posted:

No photos of said view?

I have very limited upload ability in the hostel here, I'll upload some when it's easier.

Hiking in NZ is real cool, i did the tongariro crossing a few weeks ago too, it was very cool (lots of snow and ice) don't ever pay for a guide anywhere tho

Also did a few 24~km hikes through Abel Tasman national park, which is rad as hell but it's basically winter now so it's cold af

Olympic Mathlete

NZ from what I've seen is absolutely stunning. I spent some time up in Scotland last year and that's pretty great in terms of scenery too.

GoodbyeTurtles

South island is like Scotland but everything is a lot bigger. I mean from carpark to summit Roy's peak was about 1300m, which is taller than Ben Nevis in itself.

The next one I'm planning to climb before heading home is Ben Lomond @ 1748m (over 1500m base to summit), which is going to be brutal

Olympic Mathlete

Yeah a friend went to NZ and he said the scale of the outdoors there is just something else. It's on my list to visit, hopefully at some point before I get too old and rickety to enjoy it.

pogi

I've had to give up punching things due to loving up my wrist, so now I just jump rope for forever. It's good.

GoodbyeTurtles

I climbed the bigger mountain and it was way easier and not as steep as the last.

Tomorrow I bungy jump 134m from a gondola- any ideas what i should yell in my 8 seconds of freefall?

pogi posted:

I've had to give up punching things due to loving up my wrist, so now I just jump rope for forever. It's good.

drat dude that sucks. Is it going to recover eventually or are you out of the punchsport game for good?

Olympic Mathlete

I feel like I'd be screaming something like "SUCK MY DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK" because I am a huge child.

Also please don't die.

pogi posted:

What did you do to it?

pogi

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

drat dude that sucks. Is it going to recover eventually or are you out of the punchsport game for good?

I'm out for the foreseeable future. I'll miss hitting the heavy bag, but no biggie, there's a lot to do in the world y'know?

Olympic Mathlete posted:

What did you do to it?

I fell on it just right at work. Hurts like a sumbitch when I use the heavy bag and I have trouble picking up anything heavy with that hand, so I'm avoiding those things. Just doing plenty of jump rope and trying to get under a 7 minute mile again.

GoodbyeTurtles

Ah that sucks, just take it easy (at least with the arm stuff) and become the best runboy you can be in the downtime

GoodbyeTurtles

When i jumped i quietly said "piss" then fell silently into the abyss

Olympic Mathlete

pogi posted:

I fell on it just right at work. Hurts like a sumbitch when I use the heavy bag and I have trouble picking up anything heavy with that hand, so I'm avoiding those things. Just doing plenty of jump rope and trying to get under a 7 minute mile again.

Ouch. I recall when I pulled the tendons in my forearm whilst bouldering. I'd decided to sit down and climb a fairly pinchy route first thing on a nice cold day and completely failed to do any sort of warming up. The subsequent 'snapping' noise and mild pain suggested that what I'd just done was not cool and definitely not clever. I managed to struggle up a few big juggy climbs that day but I'd hosed myself proper, it was a solid 6 months before my grip felt as strong as it did.

Fair to say you're probably going to be really good at jumping rope and running by the time you've healed up properly. Take care please.

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

You came back though, right? Or are you now ghostposting?

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Jun 13, 2017

GoodbyeTurtles

Posting from the abyss

Oh ya if you hear any loud popping or snapping when climbing just call it right away and ice that badboy asap - you're now taking a month off climbing because holy poo poo if you don't you'll gently caress yourself up real bad

pogi

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

when i jumped out of a plane i didn't have the mental presence to say anything clever but I do remember clearly thinking "lol that was so dumb, im going to die" haha

glad you had fun mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete

oh gently caress I went bouldering for the first time in ages. it's still awesome and I'm not totally pathetic.

• Locked thread