Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Use this thread to talk about the second greatest period in the yearly football calendar. Don't talk about other inane poo poo. Also don't use the Done Deal tag unless you have a link from the clubs in question.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Superboom!

Liverpool may have signed Marko Grujić, who is a player I've Definitely Heard Of, but his dad is apparently mental and is trying to stop the deal because there's never been a decent Serbian player (or something)

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Tancredi lacks the reliability of Jamie Sanderson, good call theming the OP around him.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

EvilHawk posted:

Superboom!

Liverpool may have signed Marko Grujić, who is a player I've Definitely Heard Of, but his dad is apparently mental and is trying to stop the deal because there's never been a decent Serbian player (or something)

Yes. A good father lets his son ruin his career by being part of the Liverpool Failure Train.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Seltzer posted:

Use this thread to talk about the second greatest period in the yearly football calendar. Don't talk about other inane poo poo. Also don't use the Done Deal tag unless you have a link from the clubs in question.

I know that guy's brother, who is doing the same kind of twitter rumour thing but only about Estonian football. No one cares unfortunately.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Hi. Arsenal have apparently signed Mohammed Elneny from Basel. He is a hairy central midfielder, has a small fro, and hasn't done enough cool stuff to support a good youtube compilation. That's all you'll find out about him unless one of our Swiss posters chime in.

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

blue footed boobie posted:

Hi. Arsenal have apparently signed Mohammed Elneny from Basel. He is a hairy central midfielder, has a small fro, and hasn't done enough cool stuff to support a good youtube compilation. That's all you'll find out about him unless one of our Swiss posters chime in.

I've always been jealous of Utd for having a player with a fro so this is good news op i'm real excited

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
I am hanging out for city to sign another shiny head black man

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

I'm pretty sure his hairstyle is called a "Shock Swoop"

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
♪ Its the most wonderful time, of the year ♪

Norwich are gonna go mental this window I can feel it Ed Balls is gonna spend all the poonds

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I've always rated him, op.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Blue Star Error posted:

♪ Its the most wonderful time, of the year ♪

Norwich are gonna go mental this window I can feel it Ed Balls is gonna spend all the poonds

wonder if he'll be drained by the end of the window

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Blinkz0rz posted:

wonder if he'll be drained by the end of the window

as a newcomer to football I hope he doesn't end up getting manipulated in the window for everyone to see

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Pretty hard to make a youtube compilation of a defensive midfielder

Short sideways passes and tactical fouling soundtracked by Tiesto

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Jonjo Shelvey is on his way out of Swansea. Refused to warm up on Saturday and is just counting down the days till new year.

I've heard Pardew is going to take him to Palace for around £8m.

Gomis is also rumoured to be off but who would be willing to match his wages? And he's still owed a few million from his signing on fee.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Monday Bandele posted:

Uniteds season review has leaked already?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

sassassin posted:

Gomis is also rumoured to be off but who would be willing to match his wages?

Arabs

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I'm looking forward to another great Arsenal transfer window. Maybe we can sign pre-injured Kim Kallstrom again. Has he retired yet?

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Stoke have David Accam training with them, a random MLS striker who probably wouldn't get a work permit anyway if we tried to sign him permanently.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I saw David Accam a lot this year as I stupidly decided to be a Chicago Fire season ticket holder.

I actually quite like Accam, he's pacy and in a side that creates chances he might do well.

Chicago Fire were the worst team in MLS last season and he was a small bit of excitement in a sea of mediocrity.

He's a Ghanian international and personally I really hope he gets a move to England and does well in the prem.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Oh hi January 1st

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Jonas Hofman from Dortmund to Gladbach is nearing done deal status, I'm hearing €7m for a 23 year old, limited winger, but Gladbach is in a bind after losing both Hahn and Herrmann to terrible injuries for the rest of the season.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
This is the best source of pure uncut Tancredi: https://twitter.com/tancredi_vines

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Monday Bandele posted:

Pretty hard to make a youtube compilation of a defensive midfielder

Youtube compilations don't matter, anyway.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Truth. Except the Australian League Highlight/Bloopers. You can edit anything to make someone look good. Most of the time.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

I don't know. I know a lot of footballers who've been afforded a professional football career thanks to youtube videos.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

JFairfax posted:

I saw David Accam a lot this year as I stupidly decided to be a Chicago Fire season ticket holder.

I actually quite like Accam, he's pacy and in a side that creates chances he might do well.

Chicago Fire were the worst team in MLS last season and he was a small bit of excitement in a sea of mediocrity.

He's a Ghanian international and personally I really hope he gets a move to England and does well in the prem.

Sounds like another African we had on the Rapids some years ago, Junior Agogo. Pacy with a bit of skill, but sadly liked to party too much (one game he didn't dress for he mysteriously appeared at our then-tiny group of chanting supporters with a beer in his hand). I think he ended up in League One or something.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Moktaro posted:

Sounds like another African we had on the Rapids some years ago, Junior Agogo. Pacy with a bit of skill, but sadly liked to party too much (one game he didn't dress for he mysteriously appeared at our then-tiny group of chanting supporters with a beer in his hand). I think he ended up in League One or something.

Balotelli's Brother?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Soulex posted:

Balotelli's Brother?

No, Junior Agogo, he says it right in his post.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
He's no sanogo

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

No, Junior Agogo, he says it right in his post.

Junior Agogo sounds like a boy band metrosexual dance group.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Soulex posted:

Junior Agogo sounds like a boy band metrosexual dance group.

Stop projecting.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I don't think he's good enough, but maybe Wengy knows.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

Stop projecting.

This is not my band's name.

Comlink
Nov 21, 2006

Oh yes, yes, yes.... that's BANG on the money!

sassassin posted:

Jonjo Shelvey is on his way out of Swansea. Refused to warm up on Saturday and is just counting down the days till new year.

I've heard Pardew is going to take him to Palace for around £8m.

Gomis is also rumoured to be off but who would be willing to match his wages? And he's still owed a few million from his signing on fee.

well if shelvey was looking to go to palace, pardew wouldn't pay £8 let alone £8m for him after that dog shite 55 minutes today.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Today Barcelona signed a youth player named Sergi Guardiola, but then released him later in the day when it was pointed out that he had anti-Catalan posts on his Twitter.

The transfer season's hottest moves to date.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Boateng passed his Milan medical and will sign officially once the window opens. His knees will explode shortly.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

Today Barcelona signed a youth player named Sergi Guardiola, but then released him later in the day when it was pointed out that he had anti-Catalan posts on his Twitter.

The transfer season's hottest moves to date.

Ah yes, a 24 year old youth player.

But lol at his tweets getting his contract terminated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i enjoyed the transfer rumour that bale/neymar/ronaldo don't want to move to the premier league because they can't score 40+ goals a season and win the balon dor

• Locked thread