Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
He will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ings would be a better fit than Origi and Benteke and it's a real shame he died.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Ewar Woowar posted:

Ings would be a better fit than Origi and Benteke and it's a real shame he died.
I thought Origi looked promising. We need a cool and good striker who has pace and can play well with his new BFF Coutinho.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Is Pato still locked in Barbara's basement?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Insanely Sikh posted:

I love that Pato goal against Barca where he paced absolutely everyone. Having said that, welcome to Anfield Alexandre.

I'd forgotten all about that one but yeah, it was ridiculous and also happened like 20 seconds into the game or something silly.

E: oh hey found it
http://youtu.be/artTKcYwRpg

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

cheese posted:

I thought Origi looked promising. We need a cool and good striker who has pace and can play well with his new BFF Coutinho.

Please don't swoop for Arnautovich

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

cheese posted:

gently caress him, he decided he would rather be a fringe player not making the Italian squad than suit up for his homeland, the glorious USMNT Screamin Eagles. Best part about the 2010 World Cup was him riding the plane home with the rest of the poo poo Italian team as they bombed out of the group stage while Team USA went on to the knockout round.

there wasn't a world cup in 2010???

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
lmao pato is somehow only 25

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Don't sell Butland :ohdear:

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I feel like Spurs would be better off signing Igahlo than Berahino. Having said that, I'd rather they just get the thing done right away, rather than wait the whole window with Levy trying to buy Berahino for Igahlo's price.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

abuse culture. posted:

i have bad news for you

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

cheese posted:

gently caress him, he decided he would rather be a fringe player not making the Italian squad than suit up for his homeland, the glorious USMNT Screamin Eagles. Best part about the 2010 World Cup was him riding the plane home with the rest of the poo poo Italian team as they bombed out of the group stage while Team USA went on to the knockout round.

Also, he is 28 and hugely injury prone, and I'm not sure that he would end up any better than Danny loving Ings.

loving adorable!

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

abuse culture. posted:

Just because it was in Africa doesn't mean it doesn't count!

Soulex posted:

loving adorable!
The Freedom Eagles deserve better than him anyway.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I'd forgotten all about that one but yeah, it was ridiculous and also happened like 20 seconds into the game or something silly.

E: oh hey found it
http://youtu.be/artTKcYwRpg

Phwoarrrr that pace

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

gtkor posted:

I feel like Spurs would be better off signing Igahlo than Berahino. Having said that, I'd rather they just get the thing done right away, rather than wait the whole window with Levy trying to buy Berahino for Igahlo's price.

I don't understand why anyone wants to buy Berahino at the price WBA want. He's decent enough but £25m for a striker with an attitude problem who's one tweet away from sulking in White Hart Lane's car park?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Are there any in-crowd goons left who follow Norwegian football? My club just bought Gustav Wikheim for 3,5 years. All I know is he's a defender and he used to be a teammate of Odegaard with the funny O?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lots of papers think newcastle are trying to sign alan dzagoev who isn't really what newcastle need

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

beedeebee posted:

Are there any in-crowd goons left who follow Norwegian football? My club just bought Gustav Wikheim for 3,5 years. All I know is he's a defender and he used to be a teammate of Odegaard with the funny O?

he's really good by norwegian league standards imo

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Remi Garde wants to bring Loic Remy to Villa on loan.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
but will chelsea guard remy???

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Lets hope Remy can have the same impact on bottom of the league Aston Villa as he had on bottom of the league QPR.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Eau de MacGowan posted:

no he must remain on the bench and not be allowed to start any games

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Eau de MacGowan posted:

It's Barry Hunter all over again.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Frankston posted:

Remi Garde wants to bring Loic Remy to Villa on loan.

Chelsea had literally no fit, available first team strikers for Manchester United but I'm sure they'll feel just fine loaning one of them out nonetheless.

If this happens, then Roman's splashing the cash elsewhere.

That said Bamford is returning and he's probably as good as Remy.

Dudley fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Dec 30, 2015

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

corpuscollossus posted:

says Arsenal are in talks to sign Mahrez, which is of course indisputable. If Mahrez ,Vardy or even Kante/Albrighton leave in this window, I think it will seriously dent Leicester's chances. I wonder if the other clubs in the running might make advances just to mess up the dressing room.

e: wrong thread

lol and all, but it would be Wengy as gently caress to buy a new attacking midfielder right now.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
It's not Wengy as gently caress to buy a player at the apex of their hype, however. It will probably just be the el ninny guy. I'd be happy for another signing though. A RB would be nice if Debuchy does leave, but that would make things complicated when Jenkinson returns.

Bea Nanner fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 30, 2015

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

corpuscollossus" posted:

says Arsenal are in talks to sign Mahrez, which is of course indisputable. If Mahrez ,Vardy or even Kante/Albrighton leave in this window, I think it will seriously dent Leicester's chances. I wonder if the other clubs in the running might make advances just to mess up the dressing room

I'm hearing conflicting reports. It seems the real interest is coming in big from Roma as they have just shifted Iturbe to Watford and Salah is injured.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bea Nanner posted:

It's not Wengy as gently caress to buy a player at the apex of their hype, however. It will probably just be the el ninny guy. I'd be happy for another signing though. A RB would be nice if Debuchy does leave, but that would make things complicated when Jenkinson returns.

True, he'll probably buy him in a year or so after everything's died down, Arshavin style.

I've heard Jenkinson is trash now. Can Ninja Steve confirm/deny?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Dudley posted:

Chelsea had literally no fit, available first team strikers for Manchester United but I'm sure they'll feel just fine loaning one of them out nonetheless.

If this happens, then Roman's splashing the cash elsewhere.

That said Bamford is returning and he's probably as good as Remy.

Remy is a proven PL goal scorer who can't get a start (fitness being an issue but) and Bamford scored goals in lower leagues. He's going nowhere with the team like every other youth player.

I don't mean literally nowhere, he'll go to Middlesbrough or some other Championship side.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I thought Iturbe was going to Bournemouth now.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Seltzer posted:

I'm hearing conflicting reports. It seems the real interest is coming in big from Roma as they have just shifted Iturbe to Watford and Salah is injured.

Hahaha

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

blue footed boobie posted:

True, he'll probably buy him in a year or so after everything's died down, Arshavin style.

I've heard Jenkinson is trash now. Can Ninja Steve confirm/deny?

He's absolute garbage, can't get a game except as a sub on the wing because he's somehow turned into the biggest defensive liability I've seen for a long time. Played on the weekend at left back because Cresswell was injured and scored an own goal which is almost an improvement on his defending before he lost his spot. It's a real shame because he actually looked quite good last season, but this season he's indecisive, uncomfortable on the ball, can't play a 10 yard pass, and bottles every tackle.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Get ready for some wheeling and dealing if Arry gets the job at some Slovenian team owned by Mandaric, because apparently that's a thing

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/30/harry-redknapp-manager-olimpija-ljubljana-slovenia-milan-mandaric

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Ljublj Jublj

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bogan Krkic posted:

He's absolute garbage, can't get a game except as a sub on the wing because he's somehow turned into the biggest defensive liability I've seen for a long time. Played on the weekend at left back because Cresswell was injured and scored an own goal which is almost an improvement on his defending before he lost his spot. It's a real shame because he actually looked quite good last season, but this season he's indecisive, uncomfortable on the ball, can't play a 10 yard pass, and bottles every tackle.

So what the hell happened?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Bogan Krkic posted:

He started out alright, his dip seems to have only come in past couple of months.

Bea Nanner fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 30, 2015

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Bea Nanner posted:

He started out alright, his dip seems to have only come in past couple of months.

Nah, pretty much all our good results have been with Tomkins at RB, Jenko was at fault pretty comprehensively for our loss to Bournemouth which was really early on and never improved. It honestly seems like he made some big mistakes because he was left more exposed from Bilic's progressive football, and just never recovered mentally at all.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Seltzer posted:

Good. gently caress that oval office.

cheese posted:

The Freedom Eagles deserve better than him anyway.

Freedom Eagles is a dumb name. No wonder he wanted to switch.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Soulex posted:

Freedom Eagles is a dumb name. No wonder he wanted to switch.
Full name is actually USMNT Mens National Soccer Team Freedom Screamin "Don't Treat On Me" Eagles. He should be proud to play for the Red White and Blue, even though he was born in New Jersey.

Either way, Liverpool need another gifted but perpetually injured striker like they need Big Brenda back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

cheese posted:

Full name is actually USMNT Mens National Soccer Team Freedom Screamin "Don't Treat On Me" Eagles. He should be proud to play for the Red White and Blue, even though he was born in New Jersey.

Either way, Liverpool need another gifted but perpetually injured striker like they need Big Brenda back.

Maybe they can all be injured at different times.

• Locked thread