Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

TelekineticBear! posted:

this is likely true, hes going to score loads of goals but at least it wont be rossy scoring them for ya

Who

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Stoke have finally signed Imbula. £18.3m on a 5 and a 1/2 year contract.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

jre posted:

Reminder:

He will.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

He's shite op

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

jre posted:

He's shite op

So is the SPL

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

euroboy posted:

Steven Fletcher on loan to Marseille might be happening after a deal for Odemwingie collapsed.

Of all the strikers in the world they're actually going for the likes of Odemwingie and Fletcher.

They've tried and failed to get pretty much everyone else

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Apparently not shite enough for carlton to actually score a goal

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

jre posted:

Apparently not shite enough for carlton to actually score a goal

Big Carlton is just warming up.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Welp, that was a poo poo deadline day.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I thought it was really good.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Meat Wagon posted:

Haven't heard of him. Better or worse than Nzonzi?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I thought we were supposed to be signing that Matip guy.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Oh apparently Norwich have signed James Maddison from Coventry and then loaned him straight back that came out of nowhere.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Meat Wagon posted:

That was the biggest transfer fee in Europe this window

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Hoops posted:

I've read that Schalke doubled his wages, so he will renew his contract and stay.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

cravius posted:

Haven't heard of him. Better or worse than Nzonzi?

No idea. He must have shown something at Marseille to convince Porto to pay a record fee for him. He played against us in a pre-season friendly in the summer and apparently ran the show. From all accounts he's been wank at Porto, hopefully that's a case of him not being able to settle there.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Hoops posted:

Likely to have been a free at the end of the season- hence the Caulker loan. Like TyChan says though, looks like he'll stay in Germany.

I don't care that we haven't signed anyone. This season is about Klopp evaluating the squad.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Thx Liverpool for ruining the many quality potential "just Matip" jokes. What might have been...

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Meat Wagon posted:

No idea. He must have shown something at Marseille to convince Porto to pay a record fee for him. He played against us in a pre-season friendly in the summer and apparently ran the show. From all accounts he's been wank at Porto, hopefully that's a case of him not being able to settle there.

He was good - he was the key midfielder in Bielsa's tactics, and according to Dimitri Payet the main reason he racked up so many assists in 2014-15 was because Imbula fed him so many good passes.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Parity warning posted:

Thx Liverpool for ruining the many quality potential "just Matip" jokes. What might have been...

Genuinely gutted that we'll be missing out on this now. gently caress.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Somehow, despite being a poo poo window with no good signings, this January saw the highest transfer spending since 2010-11 at £175m.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35457851

e: also

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
close this thread & ban all arsenal & liverpool supporters

thanks

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
The gently caress did I do?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Weaponized Cum posted:

close this thread & ban all arsenal & liverpool supporters

thanks

Without us there is no Ray Parlour

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Hoops posted:

Brony Car posted:

I've read that Schalke doubled his wages, so he will renew his contract and stay.

The article that reported it (which was badly translated into English) said it was Schalke's final desperate gamble, and Matip still wants to come to England, so it may still be on.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

that was a poo poo window i hate January im glad its gone

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Leroy loving Fer. Classic Huw.

Was feeling optimistic about staying up. Hopefully no one gets injured so he never plays.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...rdiola-way.html

Guardiola is coming. Quick sell all your black players!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

What a costly overhaul for a state.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Pep is going to want to get rid of a lot of players at City.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

This is why we should have gladly spent £35m on some poo poo player, it's better than this, the most boring timeline.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Pep is going to want to get rid of a lot of players at City.

Agreed. He has a lot of cleansing to do.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Seltzer posted:

Reports of Pato off to China. I know he's on high wages but it still doesn't make sense to me since so many teams in Europe seem desperate for a striker.

Seltzer posted:

15 million still seems like peanuts for a possible fraud injury prone striker in the TV money era. I keep hearing that he's been really good in Brazil. I'm going to believe that without doing research.

I just wanted to do an I told you so. Also when do the last windows close? Doesn't Turkey and Russia end in like two more days?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Chinas transfer window goes on for 24 more days.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Seltzer posted:

I just wanted to do an I told you so. Also when do the last windows close? Doesn't Turkey and Russia end in like two more days?

Russian transfer window is open up until February 26th. No point in closing it now, since the league doesn't resume until March. Whatever signings are made during February are ineligible to play in European competitions, but they will be eligible for playing in Russian domestic tournaments.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
It seems like all the important windows are closing so I'll just shut this down tomorrow.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Newcastle spent more than the whole Bundesliga on transfers this window (at about €50m). lmao

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Healbot posted:

Newcastle spent more than the whole Bundesliga on transfers this window (at about €50m). lmao

Just think, next season Boro will be richer than Bayern.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Let's not get too ahead of ourselves Brendan its a funny old game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Seltzer posted:

It seems like all the important windows are closing so I'll just shut this down tomorrow.

Having clubs that are not poor means teams don't need to sell and can pay the players higher wages. This makes them less likely to move. It's really not rocket science though I imagine simple economics is a bit complicated for him.

• Locked thread