Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
Yaya Sanogo went on loan to Charlton.

Place must be a shithole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Akileese posted:

Having clubs that are not poor means teams don't need to sell and can pay the players higher wages. This makes them less likely to move. It's really not rocket science though I imagine simple economics is a bit complicated for him.

It's best not to question Tanc

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

sassassin posted:

Leroy loving Fer. Classic Huw.

Was feeling optimistic about staying up. Hopefully no one gets injured so he never plays.

He's a good player in the sense of being technically good at football. He just doesn't give even half a poo poo, so he can fill the hole Shelvey left in your heart.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Broletariat posted:

Yaya Sanogo went on loan to Charlton.

Place must be a shithole

Charlton also signed Rod Fanni who has never played in England before, so I'm sure that will be fun for him and their fans.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

peanut- posted:

Charlton also signed Rod Fanni who has never played in England before, so I'm sure that will be fun for him and their fans.

I found it fun OP

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
we loaned Emineke, who scored everywhere he's been and Big Slav Bil likes. Prepare for the West Ham prem rush: we have a striker.

Also lol Jelavic is getting £7m in China. "Getting".

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I found it fun OP

I bet if I searched KUMB I'd find Rod Fanni rumours going back six years.

But I never put in the work for Fanni.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Boro have been doing great business lately, I reckon they could do the double next year (in the Championship).

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

Cadena SER is reporting that Atlétco Madrid have sold Jackson Martínez to Guangzhou Evergrande for €45million.

If true, 10 million profit for a 29 year old flop is pretty good business.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I found it fun OP

welcome, *sticks finger under nose* Fanni

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Ape Gone Insane posted:

Cadena SER is reporting that Atlétco Madrid have sold Jackson Martínez to Guangzhou Evergrande for €45million.

If true, 10 million profit for a 29 year old flop is pretty good business.

https://twitter.com/Kike_Marin_/status/694663191935225857

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Rooney really should take that China money while he can.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

MoPZiG posted:

Rooney really should take that China money while he can.

How many goals left to be United's all-time top scorer now? Five? If he makes it this season he might well gently caress off into the sunset.

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

Word on the grapevine is Alex Teixeira has also been snapped by a Chinese club.

Ape Gone Insane fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Feb 3, 2016

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ape Gone Insane posted:

Word on the grapevine is Texeira has also been snapped by a Chinese club.

Never wanted him anyway.

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

Took a while to spot him.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Ape Gone Insane posted:

Took a while to spot him.

reported for being a barca and man united fan................also for racism

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Is that John Terry in the background?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Ninpo posted:

You know it.

All too eager to go plunging someone's Chinese wife.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
China is spending stupid money this window and it makes zero sense. They're paying way above what they need to (though they are having to convince people to live in China) and there's no way they're making anything close to profit on tv rights and live gates. It seems like these clubs are just rich people's play things there. It's weird that they're spending all this money now considering their economy is in the process of tanking.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Seltzer posted:

China is spending stupid money this window and it makes zero sense. They're paying way above what they need to (though they are having to convince people to live in China) and there's no way they're making anything close to profit on tv rights and live gates. It seems like these clubs are just rich people's play things there. It's weird that they're spending all this money now considering their economy is in the process of tanking.

Your autocorrect is messed up.

It's changing "England" to "China" for some reason.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Ninpo posted:

its paul mccartney

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

RideTheSpiral posted:

its paul mccartney

What I don't get is why are Paul McCartney, Dale Winton, John Terry, Des O'Connor and Emile Heskey all posing with that Asian fellow?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

They are big Jacky Chan fans.

GMEEOORH
Mar 12, 2012

Seltzer posted:

Xi Jinping's been making a lot of noise about wanting China to be a big football nation. So lotsa rich fuckers have sensed it's probably a good ''investment'' to pump a lot of money into football-related stuff.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

GMEEOORH posted:

Xi Jinping's been making a lot of noise about wanting China to be a big football nation. So lotsa rich fuckers have sensed it's probably a good ''investment'' to pump a lot of money into football-related stuff.

The Guardian had an article about this on Monday

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/feb/01/why-china-not-mls-is-luring-stars-away-from-europe

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Seltzer posted:

Do you like being rich in China? Do you like being alive? Buy the loving footballers.

-notes from yesterdays memo

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

https://twitter.com/LAGalaxy/status/694913558727909376

Goodbye de Karate Jong.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

who the gently caress is jackson martinez?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I know 3 footballers who've played in Chinese Super League or whatever it's called. And all of them had problems getting their salaries paid. Actually I think they're still owed some money now, years later. I imagine it will be the same for all these famous players.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Who wants to play in a soft dandy league like La Liga, Serie A, the Bundesliga, or the "Premier" League when you can demonstrate true superiority by knocking in goals on a wet and smoggy night in Beijing?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Eau de MacGowan posted:

South American league - Porto - Atleti

Mendes player. Really good technique, was a great replacement for Falcao at Porto, but that was also when James turned into a worldbeater.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
you'd have to pay me a bunch of money to be surrounded by a billion loving ching chongs

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Seltzer posted:

It makes perfect sense when you realize they don't intend on paying salaries.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Eau de MacGowan posted:

The black guy looking very happy just to be there.

Ciprian Maricon posted:

It makes perfect sense when you realize they don't intend on paying salaries.

I imagine having the salary written in contract would not help at all with the typical Chinese club owner.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
It's not just China. Back in the mid-90s when Michael Laudrup went to Japan his contract stated he was to be paid in US dollars but when the exchange rate started getting unfavourable the club tried to get sneaky and pay him in Yen instead.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Spangly A posted:

South American league - Porto - Atleti

What's Porto? Where's South America?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

South America is a place full of foreign myths and Hefes.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

MrBling posted:

It's not just China. Back in the mid-90s when Michael Laudrup went to Japan his contract stated he was to be paid in US dollars but when the exchange rate started getting unfavourable the club tried to get sneaky and pay him in Yen instead.

Yes, I think ultimately not paying won't be a decisive factor in whether the league is successful or not. Most of Europe doesn't pay the players on time. Weren't Barcelona players not paid for over a year only a few years ago?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Eau de MacGowan posted:

What's Porto? Where's South America?

south america's an up and coming continent, keep your eyes on the Brazil olympics for all the emesis and serious infection records those fine athletes will set

jyrka posted:

Yes, I think ultimately not paying won't be a decisive factor in whether the league is successful or not. Most of Europe doesn't pay the players on time. Weren't Barcelona players not paid for over a year only a few years ago?

This is a sport dictated for literally no discernable reason by FIFA, who are now melting. There is nothing good about the ridiculous money thrown about, or hidden, by every wannabe autocrat with a microphone.

I'd be interested in a serious Problems In Football thread where we can discuss Gigi Becallis existance without slagging off random models, I'd even make effort posts with an attempt to make them worth reading, but lol it's all so hosed what can we do and who cares?

Bobby Digital posted:

I heard Selecao legend Zika is coming out of retirement!

threads probs locked soon but this is potm

Spangly A fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Spangly A posted:

south america's an up and coming continent, keep your eyes on the Brazil olympics for all the emesis and serious infection records those fine athletes will set

I heard Selecao legend Zika is coming out of retirement!

• Locked thread