Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i enjoyed the transfer rumour that bale/neymar/ronaldo don't want to move to the premier league because they can't score 40+ goals a season and win the balon dor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

newcastle should sign a few players and maybe a new manager or relegation is definitely happening and maybe even then

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lots of papers think newcastle are trying to sign alan dzagoev who isn't really what newcastle need

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Shoren posted:

What happened to Chambers? He was playing so well at RB for Southampton which is why Arsenal bought him in the first place, then the transfer happened at he went to poo poo. Anyway, he's a stopgap and can't be worse than how Debuchy was in his cameo appearances this season. Besides, Jenkinson's form can't be lovely forever so he'll do fine when he's back next season.

he's 20 and barely plays so its no surprise he's poo poo when he does

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

newcastle should hurry up and sign some players imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bournemouth are signing benik afobe for £10m

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

their billionaire russian owner

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lacazette has confirmed that Newcastle put in a bid for him that he rejected and you can't really blame him

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

In good news for west brom because it stops spurs being insanely cheap Newcastle have bid £18m for berahino

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Henri Saivet is in newcastle to discuss personal terms and there's also been a £10m bid for Shelvey

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he'll at least provide some entertainment as we go down

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

newcastle are also trying to loan andre grey with a deal to sign him in the summer since this gets around the playing for 3 clubs in 1 season rule apparently

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

For £12m Newcastle can have Gomis, too.

Newcastle have the money and desperately need a creative midfielder.

Levy wants £14m for Andros townsend and won't let him go on loan. He's not played 90 minutes in the league in 2 years lol

edit: Bournemouth finally signed Lewis Grabban from norwich

Jose fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 11, 2016

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

For £8m lol. They are just a south coast QPR

it'll be funny if they don't stay up and get hosed for FFP as a result

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Good thing Iturbe is just a loan since they're paying him £80k a week then

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

hopefully he works out as well as Wijnaldum as a former FM wonderkid

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

For £12m Newcastle can have Gomis, too.

Sky confirming it now

Remi Garde has said nobody wants to sign for Villa since they're going down

Jose fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jan 12, 2016

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

it's hard to believe how much money Newcastle has to spend on bad footballers ever year smdh

shelvey owns actually and i'm sure i've never said he's poo poo itf

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

jonjo is decent and that is a good bit of business for newcastle imho, at least they have someone who will take wild shots any time all the time now

We had tiote for that but he's being sold to China for £8m

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ewar Woowar posted:

Shelvey is a weird looking man and a weird player. He's clearly talented and is one of those players that will impact a game hugely- the problem is that can be for the wrong reasons as much as the right ones. Given he's never had any pace you might see him peak a bit later in life when he matures. Regardless he's a fun player to watch provided he's not in your team.

if you're losing most of your matches anyway this isn't really a problem and newcastle have absolutely no creativity through the middle of the pitch

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Newcastle are getting rid of Thauvin after half a season lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Other than Marveaux/Amalfitano I put those down to either bad management or just never really being given a chance. Gouffran had been scoring loads of goals in his final season at Bordeaux being played as a striker for the first time ever then never got the chance to do so at Newcastle which was stupid

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm glad newcastle are shipping thauvin out so they can sign andros townsend :thumbsup:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i don't like this

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sam Byram signing for leeds isn't happening for some reason.

Shola is available on a free and newcastle need a striker :getin: newcastle are looking to sign matt phillips since spurs want £14m for andros townsend and i've never seen him play but i'm sure he's better than townsend

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bovril Delight posted:

The last time Townsend played 90 minutes in the league was almost 2 years ago according to the guardian, no idea why he's valued so highly when he looked one dimensional before

the most depressing bit is the amount of newcastle supporters who've only seen those few england games who really rate him and think he's worth that much

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bovril Delight posted:

He reminds me of Obertan and there's no room for another winger with pace and limited footballing intelligence

don't forget the similar shaped head. maybe there is something in phrenology after all

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i really don't want newcastle to sign andros townsend

Watford have signed Pantilimon

Jose fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jan 19, 2016

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the chronicle are reporting that Mike Ashley is going to let newcastle make a club record transfer for Berahino

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Why would he take a step down?

he really doesn't want to be at west brom. they think he's open to the move and the local papers are usually good at these things and spurs are never going to put in a bid west brom would accept

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adebayor has said he wants to break the record for goals by an african player in the premier league and he needs 9 goals to do it. Newcastle should get him in on loan for 6 months then not sign him after

Al2001 posted:

I love how we always go after the sulkiest/flakiest players to dig us out of relegation trouble. Why not see if Mark Viduka fancies dragging his fat corpse over?

lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Healbot posted:

Luiz Adriano to China is apparently not happening now, since there is an insurmountable difference in salary expectations for both sides.

Adriano said they didn't offer him a salary in his contract so they were for sure going to gently caress him over

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bovril Delight posted:

I don't understand this, is it basically a contract where they don't write it down but tell you that you'll totally, definitely, for sure get paid?

its probably why the Tiote transfer isn't going to happen

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Kevin Nolan is Leyton Orients player-manager. How many of them are still in the football league?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bovril Delight posted:

This makes me happy and I won't be having a melt down as such

same. they rejected a bid over £10m lol. newcastle could definitely do with signing more players but signing a creative midfielder was by far most important

Pardew wants to sign bendtner though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gtkor posted:

The thing is Townsend is 24 and English. What do you guys expect Levy to sell him for?

levy won't let him go out on loan so that the team who might be likely to sign him realise he's poo poo but he's going into the last year of his contract. Not accepting £10m is madness and they'll end up selling him for gently caress all if he doesn't go this window. its not like he's just come off a season where he scored loads of goals like charlie austin, its been nearly 2 years since he played an entire premier league match

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

I think he'd do alright at a top half side.

he's even worse than wayne routledge who is also incredibly poo poo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

nooooo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

mark douglas doesn't think its that close and he played for their under 21 team tonight so hopefully its not happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

kcer posted:

BBC have the Townsend deal going now

i suppose he at least won't be looking to move if we get relegated

• Locked thread