Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Scavengers is now online.

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/toonami/scavengers/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also, I don't know if they've been marketing it because I've pretty much been watching Mythbusters nonstop all week, but the music video for Porter Robinson's Shelter will be airing tomorrow night.

Porter Robinson whose brother is Nick Robinson who works at Polygon with and has featured in several videos with Griffin McElroy. Bam! Like two degrees to McElroy.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
It's a good Amv. I don't really like the song too much, but it's got good animation and tells a solid, emotional story. 7/10.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Anyone planning on showing something tomorrow

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Getting drunk with anime?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I was gonna show Hot Fuzz if people weren't going to be busy with their crippling alcoholism

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, the good news is that next week, I'll be heading off to Ohio for a two-week training session with a high chance of employment, with a high chance of moving to a place with good internet, with a high chance of the RETURN OF GOONAMI.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, the good news is that next week, I'll be heading off to Ohio for a two-week training session with a high chance of employment, with a high chance of moving to a place with good internet, with a high chance of the RETURN OF GOONAMI.

The bad news is that you'll be going to Ohio.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Waffleman_ posted:

well aren't YOU just a shining loving example of well-adjustedness and poo poo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Argus Zant posted:

well aren't YOU just a shining loving example of well-adjustedness and poo poo

I know, it's awesome! I'm like an adult and poo poo.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is anyone making the new thread?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'd assume TwoPair

but if anyone's stealing it it's me

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

To end 2016, we should watch the best worst movie again

Food Fight

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
gently caress you

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Is there anything we should know coming into Gundam Unicorn?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

If you've seen a Tomino Gundam that isn't Turn A or G Reco you've seen Unicorn, because it hits literally the exact same notes no matter how detrimental.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

fit em all up in there posted:

To end 2016, we should watch the best worst movie again

Food Fight

let's do it

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

If you've seen a Tomino Gundam that isn't Turn A or G Reco you've seen Unicorn, because it hits literally the exact same notes no matter how detrimental.

Yeah, I don't really know any of those either

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I already promised dp I'd show Hot Fuzz at some point

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Arist posted:

I already promised dp I'd show Hot Fuzz at some point

I'd actually prefer to watch that but

food fight is the movie 2016 deserves

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I honestly can't argue with this statement but I'd rather end my year with lots of gunfire and british people

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Hellsing Abridged just dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMihrAbG4RY

EDIT: The flashback scene....is a thing

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 1, 2017

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I'd actually prefer to watch that but

2017 will probably be worse so you should probably wait until next year.

I watched this earlier and by jove they somehow made Seras's flashback scene funny.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Genocyber posted:

2017 will probably be worse so you should probably wait until next year.

there's nothing saying we can't watch it again then

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Dangerous Person posted:

I honestly can't argue with this statement but I'd rather end my year with lots of gunfire and british people

Gunfire at British people or what?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Crabtree posted:

Gunfire at British people or what?

well it's british people shooting at british people

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

What time are you planning on showing hot fuzz

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

10, also get in the channel while I play a bad JRPG

http://cytu.be/r/Aristelevision

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Here is pretty much what you need Gundam Unicorn going in. There was a group of space colonists called Zeon. They were jerks and declared war on earth and eventually lost. (Original Series) To prevent this from happening again Earth made a group called the Titans to keep the space colonies in line. But the Titans were also jerks and started gassing entire colonies over simple protests. As a result the Zeon remnants and another group that hated the Titans called the AEUG all started fighting each other with the Zeon Remnants coming out on top. (Gundam Zeta) As a result the Neo Zeon Empire was formed and started kicking everyone's asses. But a attempted coup happened which weakened Neo Zeon enough for the AEUG to beat it. Resulting in the deaths of Neo Zeon's leaders with the exception of it's figurehead leader who was a little girl and daughter of one of the old Zeon Leaders and the rest of it retreating. (Gundam ZZ) Then a dude named Char who was involved in all of these previous events took control of the Neo Zeon Empire and tried to blow up the earth. Char was beaten and presumably died along with a good deal of the heroes. (Char's Counterattack)

Unicorn takes place 3 years after Char's defeat with the Earth Federation still in control and the remnants of Neo Zeon still causing problems. And I don't know much else as I have not watched Unicorn.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 1, 2017

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Wait, so Unicorn takes place after all gundam OG poo poo and not before it? Goddamn it, nothing but 08 or G matters and it hurts finding how how much that still is true each time a new gundam rears its stupid head.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The main Gundam for Unicorn is also incredibly bland looking and Bandai has milked the gently caress out of it.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Then a dude named Char who was involved in all of these previous events took control of the Neo Zeon Empire and tried to blow up the earth. Char was beaten and presumably died along with a good deal of the heroes. (Char's Counterattack)

Char's motivation for this btw was his mancrush on Amuro.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It is also important to note that at one point, Char went by the alias Quattro Bajeena.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Four Vagina is good and strong and my friend.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Whatever you think of Gundam, the names are fuckin' good.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

It is also important to note that at one point, Char went by the alias Quattro Bajeena.

This disguise consisted of wearing sunglasses and piloting the guadiest loving thing.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
actually there's a character named Four in Zeta as well. There are scenes where Four and Quattro are in the same shot, iirc.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oULr71GXZeQ

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

We're gonna stream Hot Fuzz in a few:

http://cytu.be/r/Aristelevision

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Crabtree posted:

Wait, so Unicorn takes place after all gundam OG poo poo and not before it? Goddamn it, nothing but 08 or G matters and it hurts finding how how much that still is true each time a new gundam rears its stupid head.

Iron Blooded Orphans has nothing to do withe OG Gundam stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Here is pretty much what you need Gundam Unicorn going in.

Earth rules; gently caress everyone else

do I have that about right

• Locked thread