Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
a new goal for me is to get good at lovely planet. it's really fun to figure out the fastest way to beat any given level and now i seek to have the highest scores of them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Just remembered that I told myself a while back that I should do a self-gimped playthrough or something, like a low-level RPG playthrough or a limited-heart Zelda run. I'm too much of a perfectionist/completionist in games to do them normally. Suggestions?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Just remembered that I told myself a while back that I should do a self-gimped playthrough or something, like a low-level RPG playthrough or a limited-heart Zelda run. I'm too much of a perfectionist/completionist in games to do them normally. Suggestions?
Deus Ex without attacking enemies, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution without augs or items, and no using takedowns. You have to fight the bosses using only what's in their boss room.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Some Zelda games have Hero Mode which lock you at 3 hearts iirc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They also get rid of heart and fairy drops. It's tough stuff

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Age of Decadence is very good by the way. But if you're playing a non-combat character you sort of have to just leave most of your skill points unallocated until you need them, which feels stupid to me, because how is that different than every character managing to kludge through everything, but whatever. The combat is super lethal unless you have enough skill points to wear heavy armor and still have high dodge.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

- beat my Platinum backlog (Bayo 1+2, Metal Gear Rising, Wonderful 101)

- beat King's Fall (latest raid) in Destiny

- play more local coop or pass and play games. Basically have nerds in my house more

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

FactsAreUseless posted:

Deus Ex without attacking enemies

Ooooh that sounds like fun, I played Deus Ex for the first time a couple years ago and have been itching to go back. My old-rear end laptop's memory issues worry me a little bit though, even for as old as that game is.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I started Hero mode in Link Between Worlds (all enemies do double damage) a little while ago but lost interest after the first dungeon when I got in deep with MH4U, maybe I'll just pick that back up. I could also just do a low-heart run in OoT, I took my old N64 from my parents' place and it's been long enough since I played that,

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

In WWHD it doesn't lock it at 3 but you can't get heart drops and it's 2x damage. Dunno how it works in SS and stuff though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Added another one: beat ornstein and smough solo because it's the only boss in the entire souls series I haven't solo'd

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

In Training posted:

Added another one: beat ornstein and smough solo because it's the only boss in the entire souls series I haven't solo'd

how many times did you play through the game & wehat weapons did you use

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've played up to O&S probably like 6 or 7 times and then start a new character. But the one time I did beat the game was with QFS

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

In Training posted:

I've played up to O&S probably like 6 or 7 times and then start a new character. But the one time I did beat the game was with QFS

kool. The only time I was able to solo them was when I used 2h zweihander and flippy ring like a retard. But sometimes it feels good to be a retard.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i remember the harder difficulties in 3D Dot Game Heroes being pretty rough

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was sad to find that the sequels to The Longest Journey aren't even actually adventure games in the traditional sense, and its also a different plot in the same universe so why bother. All the cool 90's cyberpunk stuff like megacorps sending people to be slave labor in interstellar colonies instead of prison got retconned for some reason. Also Dreamfall had fighting and stealth sections that were some of the worst gameplay I've ever seen in an Xbox-era title.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
yup that's how most people felt about dreamfall too

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Ooooh that sounds like fun, I played Deus Ex for the first time a couple years ago and have been itching to go back. My old-rear end laptop's memory issues worry me a little bit though, even for as old as that game is.
Play it through a couple times before you do it, because you really have to know your routes. Also I'm not entirely certain how possible it is, might have to change rules on the fly. At least the first few levels work.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

None of the Zeldas lock you at 3 hearts, you just have to skip picking them up. The ones I recommend the most are Oracles 3/4 hearts, OoT 3 hearts and LttP 13 hearts, Green Armor and Master Sword. The LttP one especially is great.

The least fun one to play minimalist is Majora's Mask of course.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

- Replay both Galaxies and beat the bonus world
- Beat 3D World's bonus world
- Finish Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Start and finish Xenoblade Chronicles
- Start and finish both Bayonettas
- Finish Fire Emblem Awakening
- Reach G rank in MH4U and do a bunch of stuff
- 100% Zelda U.

Going to add some Animal Crossing goals:
- reach St Patrick's day to have completed a full year in Animal Crossing
- fully pay off my home to Nook
- Complete all of the museum catalogues

I also thought about removing Xenoblade X because I'm pretty sure I've realized it's not a good game.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Beat 5-1 in Downwell
Reach the Nuclear Throne
Unlock The Lost in Isaac
Beat the 4th Stratum of Etrian Odyssey 3
Unlock all the star road levels in Super Mario Bros 3Mix
1CC Vs. Super Mario Bros.

That's all of the ones I can think of for now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Complete a Post-It Note in Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
normie mode

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All the squares are filled in and that's what counts for me.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
yeah its fine im messing

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ArfJason posted:

normie mode
Good name for Games.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

normie mode

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mega satan is such rear end to get to, especially after the angel statue dupe was patched out. luckily i only had one mega satan mark left to get when it was implemented :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I guess they added a new way to get it that I don't know about but I got both key parts on both womb levels, which is pretty much down to the wire.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

I guess they added a new way to get it that I don't know about but I got both key parts on both womb levels, which is pretty much down to the wire.

told u sacrifice rooms make you go to angel rooms now

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

mega satan is such rear end to get to, especially after the angel statue dupe was patched out. luckily i only had one mega satan mark left to get when it was implemented :D

also all the angel rooms drops treash

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

5 star all the cie'th stone missions.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I beat the 4th stratum in EO3 and I'm gunning for the 5th tonight.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Another goal is to get back into Civ 4 and win a game on Monarch (noob here).

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Another goal is to get back into Civ 4 and win a game on Monarch (noob here).

Civ 4 ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've got two chalice dungeons left to get the Bloodborne plat aka 6 bosses

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bloodborne Platinum Achieved

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

Bloodborne Platinum Achieved

Congratsulations!!!!! You did it :D how does it feel ?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I'm not being sarcastic even though it kind of seems like I am.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

Congratsulations!!!!! You did it :D how does it feel ?

Not really worth it, I think. I had mroe fun with anything other than the chalice dungeons, but I really wanted to see every boss there was in teh game, but the bosses in the final dungeon were underwhelming to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Another Gaming Goal is to get sub-25 mins in Mario 64 16 stars.

• Locked thread