Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

BBG and I played in the Dota 2 qualifiers last year and lost in our first match insanely fast.

Lol. My hope is that I go and get to play a legend in the first round for 6 seconds before they obliterate me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

The spirit of gaming goals, imo, is to have smaller goals. If it's just Beat Some Games you might as well just make a backloggery.

Also this. Think targets more than end goals. Like something you want to accomplish in a weekend

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I want to put at least an hour into all the dozens of my games on Steam that I haven't put that much, if any time, into.

Beat all the Souls games (excluding Demon's because I don't have a PS3), which I didn't try until I got really into Bloodborne a week or two ago.

Beat Dragon Quest IV and the ones coming to 3DS next year, and then follow it up with Dragon Quest: Heroes.

Survive a combat encounter with a non-combat character in Age of Decadence

I need to make goals as simple "beat these games by this date" or I get distracted by all the other games I have, and the crushing burdens of real life.

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Feb 6, 2016

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Here are the gamer goals I made videos of a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waBbq2l1y3E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUyIsFh077Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IglWlHKEiqE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnXMFISovvw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

One of my gamer goals will be to beat the first level of DOOM in 2016, since I've never played it.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

BBG and I played in the Dota 2 qualifiers last year and lost in our first match insanely fast.

Lol yeah we got owned by I blame penetrator

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is somewhat of a gaming goal, but I want to watch more movies this year than last year, and that means probably gaming less. But what can you do

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I want to experience the full Ace Attorney series. I'll need to buy some of the DS ones I never picked up though

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
here's a more focused gaming goal: i want to play all the ys games

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

This is somewhat of a gaming goal, but I want to watch more movies this year than last year, and that means probably gaming less. But what can you do

you can watch less movies

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

you can watch less movies

Zuh!?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Another goal is to play Day of Sex: Human Revolution a gorillion more times.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Hell yea.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

you can play day of sex in at least 2970 various fashions

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

you can play day of sex in at least 2970 various fashions
Sir... do you want to be regional manager of these McDonald's franchises? Because you've got just what we need!

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Beat these games: MGSV, Bloodborne, FFXIII, Necrodancer, Pillars of Eternity
Probably gonna buy Dragon's Dogma, definitely gonna buy Dark Souls 3.

And I wanna get a refurb Wii U when the price drops again for maximum savings and beefy library.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i don't like Backloggery because it makes me feel forced to play these games i'm not necessarily in the mood for at the time.

"Never force a game. Let a game go, and if it comes back to you, you know it was meant to be." -Unknown

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you spew and she bolts, it was never meant to be.

BIRDCON 2017
May 31, 2011

-achieve master guardian i in cs:go (rank status: unranked, skill status: garbage)
-finally beat wanderers of ys and super ghouls n' ghosts

In Training posted:

- Finish a Post-It note in BoI: Afterbirth
this but all characters. i'm feelin good about this 2016

BIRDCON 2017 fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Dec 30, 2015

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Black Baby Goku posted:

Jack off less, game more

same but both more

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I completed one.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw_bISd9PVg

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

finish pikmin 3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish I could record my Mario Maker clears, that would be fun.

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006

Wormskull posted:

I completed one.

It's not 2016 yet

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Christmas is basically New Years as far as I'm concerned.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My #1 priority right now is 100% Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i don't like Backloggery because it makes me feel forced to play these games i'm not necessarily in the mood for at the time.

"Never force a game. Let a game go, and if it comes back to you, you know it was meant to be." -Unknown

I feel kind of the same way, even though I think it's kind of cool to track the games I play... I don't really let it influence what I play though, which is why I have something like 20 games in my 'now playing' thing.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I have a 'Finished' group I put my Steam games into whenever I feel like I'm done with them. Usually that means when I clear the campaign for the first time.

I got a ton of ps2 games to go through this year, ffvii for the first time, and some mapgames I've had but never got around to trying.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

My #1 priority right now is 100% Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

there was one kind of annoying heart container but i figured it out.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Become good at a fighting game.
Play nier 2

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Start and finish Persona 5

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Get people to watch my video game streams of me playing niche games, so that I can inspire others to play those niche games so that they're not forgotten in the throes of time.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Slur posted:

Get people to watch my video game streams of me playing niche games, so that I can inspire others to play those niche games so that they're not forgotten in the throes of time.

Hm. I'd rather blow your gay brains out woth a 12 gauge shotgun.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

rediscover posted:

Hm. I'd rather blow your gay brains out woth a 12 gauge shotgun.

Rude.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slur posted:

About the oinly thing worse than reading your posts, would be listening to them, IMO

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Play the Shenmue games.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You people's ideas of goals are hosed up.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I should of named the original thread like Short Term Gamer Goals or something I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

You people's ideas of goals are hosed up.

You don't understand, that those goals are pretty unlikely for me to finish in even a year. I can't play the same game for more than like an hour these days.

• Locked thread