Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

ajkalan posted:

Anyway, congratulations to the "winners!" I can't wait to see how the coming year of cartoons will top them.

Always more, always etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Nice to see Mac win one during his first year of being posted in the thread. He truly is a hate-filled piece of human garbage.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

fool_of_sound posted:

It's poetic, really.

He failed at failing. gently caress Muir.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

World Famous W posted:

Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon:

Get hosed Glenn McCoy, ya' win with 34% vote. Lang's ME cartoon earns second with only half the votes as McCoy.
Well you see they're not drawn obviously black so mebbe it is u who is the real racist.

quote:

'Nonsense, This Is An Election Year':

I have no idea what this means and Ramirez wins with 32%. Branco follows a few steps behind with his nonsense.
This is some amazing surrealist art though, I'm not sure Ramirez is in the right line of work.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

World Famous W posted:

Most Easily Reinterpreted:

Gorrell wins with 20%. Losing by two votes is Glenn McCoy.

Even though I voted for this, I still have no idea what the "bad" interpretation is. Bad cops ruin good cops? Bad cops would be harmless without good cops supporting them? Good cops are still heavy blunt instruments that can potentially kill?

I know Gorrell's an rear end in a top hat, but there's still no way of interpreting this as supporting the police. :psyduck:

Tuco
Jul 24, 2006

I look good too!
The take away from all of this is that McCoy and Branco are truly despicable human beings.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Murderion posted:

Even though I voted for this, I still have no idea what the "bad" interpretation is. Bad cops ruin good cops? Bad cops would be harmless without good cops supporting them? Good cops are still heavy blunt instruments that can potentially kill?

I know Gorrell's an rear end in a top hat, but there's still no way of interpreting this as supporting the police. :psyduck:
"Good cops are the traditional truncheon of law and order, bad cops are the stick with a nail in of thuggishness." I guess. All of the other interpretations are easier to see though.

I'm glad that Mac won an award.

e: vvvv
Yeah, I couldn't see anything but tiny plane Mengele the first few times I saw it.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 14, 2016

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

ajkalan posted:

Even though I voted for it, I didn't think it was the worst of the bunch so much as the funniest and most memorable. The corner Goebbels and the smiley-face cashier are too ridiculous to be in a for-real cartoon, but there they are.

Anyway, congratulations to the "winners!" I can't wait to see how the coming year of cartoons will top them.

The bet part is the shoulder pads make corner Goebbel look like a little plane.

This was a great year for Branco. He was always dumb motherfucker, but he really took his bile, bigotry, and stupidity to the next level. Conversely, Ramirez only got laziest and nonsense, despite running several categories in previous years. Clearly he needs to up his game.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Bad cops turn a nightstick into a murder weapon?

Also, why is it Goebbels if the helpful label in Mengele?

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
I think he meant to say bad cops are small in proportion to good cops, and uninentionally produced that.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Murderion posted:

I think he's saying that 99% of cops are good but they keep the bad cops around because sometimes you don't have much of a choice but to crack heads. And by "crack" I mean "violently puncture." Because bad cops are a nail on the truncheon that is good cops bad cops can only do things if the good cops swing them? I guess?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Bad cops are a nonstandard modification to regulated equipment, and also nasty?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Pretty sure the intended meaning is "yeah I guess bad cops are bad, but let's not get worked out of shape by this small problem, look how small it is!" Gorrell is not known for putting a lot of effort into his cartoons and making sure your metaphor makes sense is haaaard, man.

I can't say I fully agree with most of the winners, but that Gorrell is right up there with the original A Good Cartoon, "George W. Bush drove the economy off a cliff" aka "taxes are the fuel that powers the economy."

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

I couldn't vote for the goatfucker cartoon for any category, it was just so over-the-top that I couldn't hate it. It still gets me giggling.

Similarly, in a field full of explicit defenses of the police, I found it hard to get angry about a saggy pants joke.

Anyway, this is the most important vote I ever cast and in such a fine institution. Couldn't be prouder.

platzapS fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jan 14, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I'll never get over that Rall after the old cartoon. It will haunt me forever.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I dunno if it's just me, but I have such a hard time following Muir's comics that I can't understand or get upset at the message after. Similarly, I'd never vote for Kirschen because I don't consider his scribbles to be real comics.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

SSNeoman posted:

I dunno if it's just me, but I have such a hard time following Muir's comics that I can't understand or get upset at the message after. Similarly, I'd never vote for Kirschen because I don't consider his scribbles to be real comics.

I'd agree with you about Kirschen except that a real brick-and-mortar major newspaper runs his poo poo on a regular basis.

Thanks for all your hard work, World Famous W!

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

SSNeoman posted:

That's why I didn't vote for Lang. The drawings are so childish and the humor so juvenile I just can't get made.

Kirschen, though. The sheer laziness of his Pollard Cartoon angers me.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Wait, wait. It's NOT a flying Mengele head with little plane wings?

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Abyssal Squid posted:

I can't say I fully agree with most of the winners, but that Gorrell is right up there with the original A Good Cartoon, "George W. Bush drove the economy off a cliff" aka "taxes are the fuel that powers the economy."

Anyone have this one lying around?

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
I misinterpreted the cop one as saying "The job of Good Cops is still to beat you. And Bad Cops beat THE poo poo outta you."

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Anyone have this one lying around?

It's on the A Good Cartoon tumblr but it's not tagged Ramirez so good luck finding it in context.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Abyssal Squid posted:

It's on the A Good Cartoon tumblr but it's not tagged Ramirez so good luck finding it in context.

This is one of my all time favorites, it's so patently ridiculous. Raise taxes to... leverage the back of the engine back onto safe ground?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Ramirez is so consistently bad at each element of his craft it never gets a reaction from me. It's like a base line I judge other cartoons by.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

That's not entirely fair, he's a proficient greebler.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

I dont know posted:

The bet part is the shoulder pads make corner Goebbel look like a little plane.

This was a great year for Branco. He was always dumb motherfucker, but he really took his bile, bigotry, and stupidity to the next level. Conversely, Ramirez only got laziest and nonsense, despite running several categories in previous years. Clearly he needs to up his game.

Wait, it's NOT supposed to be a tiny plane! Holy poo poo!

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Keiya posted:

Wait, it's NOT supposed to be a tiny plane! Holy poo poo!

No, no, I looked again, it's definitely a tiny plane. Definitely.

Torches Upon Stars
Jan 17, 2015

The future is bright.

Skeesix posted:

I'd agree with you about Kirschen except that a real dead-tree major newspaper runs his poo poo on a regular basis.

Thanks for all your hard work, World Famous W!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Alright lads, seeing as is an instant classic, I'm expecting lotsa parodies this year.

In fact, both th goat and terrorist's head would make great emojis

fake edit: I cant stop seeing that head as :badterrorist: now. It would be so perfect

• Locked thread