Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Another year passed and another year of horrible cartoons to vote on. Welcome to Fourth Annual Gay Abortions!

Previous Years' Gay Abortions:
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 Mid-term

Process:
Any poster may submit cartoons until 23:59 EST on January 6th. Please only submit a single cartoon for each category. A post does not require a nominee for each category. Everyone is allowed one post in which to nominate cartoons. If you would like to change your nominees, please edit that post before the deadline on January 6th. Because we are running late this year, please do not submit anything produced after December 31st of 2015.

Most of what was submitted to the Mid-Term Gay Abortions will be automatically up for nomination this go around. I will be moving ones that were submitted to 'Worst Transphobic' to 'Least Concealed Bigotry (LBGT)' as that will not be a category this time. There also will not be 'Cheerleading for Putin' so if you had one nominated during the Mid-term resubmit it to what would be an appropriate category.

Voting will begin immediately after the submissions are compiled into the post below this one. Voting will last till 23:59 EST January 10th. The votes will be tallied and results announced as soon as tallying is done. Vote for each category by naming the category and the letter indicating that political cartoon. A template ballot will be provided.

Judges:
Fulchrum and I are this year's tyrannical judges. Chamale will also be helping with the tally.
The judges may agree to veto any submission, or trim a list if there are too many nominees. Please ask if you have questions about the Gay Abortions Awards or any part of the nomination and voting processes.

Rules and Suggestions:
Standard D&D rules apply.
Please don't quote all the images from a nomination post unless you intend to discuss all them.
For discussions about current politics not related to the Awards, please take it to the regular Political Cartoons Thread.
Post political cartoons of at least some prominence. Any thread regular or syndicated cartoonist is fine, pulling cartoons from a nobody's DeviantArt account is not.

Categories:
This is the largest Gay Abortion yet with 16 categories. We have four categories this year based around specific events, split 'Bigotry' into two separate ones, and two new general categories. The award categories are
  • Worst Middle East cartoon
  • Worst Paris Attacks Cartoon (Charlie Hebdo & 11/13/15 Attacks)
  • Worst Refugee Crisis Cartoon
  • Worst Planned Parenthood Cartoon
  • Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy
  • Worst Caricature
  • Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon
  • Worst Cartoon about a Movie
  • Worst Label
  • Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon
  • Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon
  • Laziest Non-Gorrell Cartoon
  • Most Easily Reinterpreted
  • Overall Worst Political Cartoon
  • Best Edit/Parody
And by popular demand for the last year or two
  • 'Nonsense, This Is An Election Year'
for completely incomprehensible cartoons.

-

:siren:Winners!:siren:

Worst Middle East cartoon:

With 23% of the vote, Bob Lang narrowly beat out the second place comer... Bob Lang. If I am running this again next year, I will trim these down better.

Worst Paris Attacks Cartoon:

With an impressive 43% Ted Rall lets us know what is really important about the Charlie Hebdo shootings. Ben Garrison's Political Correctness Suicide came in distant second.

Worst Refugee Crisis Cartoon:

23% of the vote went to the Daily Mail's Mac for refering to refugees as literal vermin. Joe Liccar was not to far behind.

Worst Planned Parenthood Cartoon:

Branco got 28% of the vote by summoning the specter of Joseph Mengele. Glenn McCoy was a close second.

Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy:

22% of the vote gives Branco another 'win'. The rest of the votes were fairly evenly split.

Worst Caricature:

Ted Rall barely got another award by giving us multiple unrecognizable grotesqueries with only 18% of the vote.

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon:

With 16% total votes, Kirschen is awarded for this wet fart after seeing his dreams realized. Gorrell lost by a single vote which seems appropriate.

Worst Cartoon about a Movie:

Combining two movies into one pointless cartoon, Glenn 7oDN wins with 35% of the vote. Second place goes to Branco.

Worst Label:

Bell sadly wins with 23% by defacing what could be a powerful cartoon. All other nominees came in with less then 10%.

Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon:

Get hosed Glenn McCoy, ya' win with 34% vote. Lang's ME cartoon earns second with only half the votes as McCoy.

Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon:

Branco is on a roll, winning with 27% of the vote. Mike Lester came in second.

Laziest Non-Gorrell Cartoon:

Rameriz places first with 35% by turning in a blank canvas with four words. Christian Adams takes second by skipping the words altogether.

Most Easily Reinterpreted:

Gorrell wins with 20%. Losing by two votes is Glenn McCoy.

Overall Worst Political Cartoon:

After placing first in ME and second in Racism, Lang's cartoon is awarded Worst by 23% of the vote. Coming in second is Ramirez.

Best Edit/Parody:
and the rest of the series.
In a landslide, Rorus Raz wins the best parody with 39% of the vote. It is fully earned after making Bok lose his drat mind and spawning a golden thread.

'Nonsense, This Is An Election Year':

I have no idea what this means and Ramirez wins with 32%. Branco follows a few steps behind with his nonsense.

Thanks to everyone who participated and thanks to Chamale for the original OP and doing these for the last few years.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Worst Middle East cartoon:
A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

-

Worst Paris Attacks Cartoon:
A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

-

Worst Refugee Crisis Cartoon:
A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

-

Worst Planned Parenthood Cartoon:
A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

Link to complete comic

-

Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy:
A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

-

Worst Caricature:
A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

-

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon:
A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

-

Worst Cartoon about a Movie:
A

B

C

D

E

F

G

-

Worst Label:
A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

-

Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon:
A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

-

Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon:
A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

-

Laziest Non-Gorrell Cartoon:
A

B

C

D

E

F

G

copied to H

copied to I

J

K

L

M

N

-

Most Easily Reinterpreted:
A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

-

Overall Worst Political Cartoon:
A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

-

Best Edit/Parody:
A

Mister Beeg's series of cartoons.

B

Rorus Raz's complete series of these.

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

This video that A Conical Hat made. | Q

-

'Nonsense, This Is An Election Year':
A

B

C

D

E

F

G

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 8, 2016

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Fulchrum posted:

Can we nominate a series for laziest? Cause I say Drinky Duck losing the head feathers. Its Tinsley finally jut giving up entirely and realising he doesn't care enough to even stick to his character design. Some individual comics can be lazier, but thats by far the laziest act of the year.

Yeah, just upload multiple examples with an explanation why you think it is lazy.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

JcDent posted:

Can I nominate Gunduz Aghayev for something? He's an Azerbaijani satirist who misses as many times as he hits, and looks like he's going for painfully edgy/shock tactics most of the time.
Yea, if someone is published or of some note they are eligible whether they are a regular of the Politoon thread or not. We are just asking not to pull some random rear end in a top hat's deviantart scribblings.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Nomination Process is over!

I and the other judges will go through all the nominations now and trim down or move around as necessary. Should have them up to vote by tomorrow evening. If there is anything that will delay it we shall extend the voting period. Thanks for the patience.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Tuco posted:

Dumb question, where do I vote for this? I don't see a link in the first post.
In this thread. I pretty much have the nominee list ready but doing some last proof reading and tuning to be sure. Should have the nominations up by 18:00 EST.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Nominations are now up.
Voting will go till 23:59 EST January 10th.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

ComradeCosmobot posted:

World Famous W will probably have more to say on the topic, but it seems that a number of nominations were passed on, largely due to being variations on another nominated piece (you'll note that Ramirez's Hillary is still present in L, for example). As noted in the OP:
Yeah, that is pretty much it. Some cartoons were cut cause we felt they didn't match the category but the main reason one is gone is the lists were growing long. Checking back through previous Gay Abortions most categories were about 12-15 nominations. I left it about 15-17 nominations this year. If something you nominated did not make it I am sorry.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Just a reminder to all who haven't yet, voting ends in 6 hours. Voting will end at 11:59 PM EST tonight.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
:siren:Voting is now over:siren:

We will now tally the votes. We should have the winners up in a day or two, so we ask for your patience.

Thanks to everyone who contributed and participated this year.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Just an update but we will have the results up tomorrow evening. Sorry for the delay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Winners are updated in the OP now. Sorry about the delay. Also sorry about triple posting. Also also sorry about apologizing so much.

• Locked thread