Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Throwing in this for:
Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon:

I'm sure he's done some great work for the LGBT and refugee categories but I must have blocked it out.

e: More

Worst Refugee Crisis Cartoon:

Worst Paris Attacks Cartoon:

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon:

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jan 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pilchenstein posted:

I've got nothing to do tomorrow so I might try and find a Mac for every category. :britain:
I don't know if you'll find a Planned Parenthood one. Also the Mac archive only seems to go up to August '14, so you might have to pick through the Mail proper :gonk:

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

This could also be a contender for Most Easily Reinterpreted. She looks like she's going to set Europe on fire.
Isn't that the standard US solution to extremism in Europe?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pilchenstein posted:

I've got nothing to do tomorrow so I might try and find a Mac for every category. :britain:
I'm conflicted about my Mac nomination for Worst Refugee Crisis Cartoon, it's a split between the literal Nazi rats one and:

Here's one for Worst Paris Attacks Cartoon:

e: Placed into one single post fot thread rules.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jan 1, 2016

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Defenestration posted:

wait is Mac saying that Managing Editor here wants them to put Mohammad on the cover so that they'll draw a massacre and sell more newspaper copies?
Yes.

You could AGC it by saying that the Editor is a capitalist pig who values profits over the poor cartoonists' lives, but it's Mac, so I remain skeptical.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

spoon0042 posted:

I've seen this posted at least twice now and I have no idea what the context is.
German airline pilot committed murder-suicide by locking out copilot, flying plane into mountainside, killing all on board. Obama is doing the same to America because reasons.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Worst Middle East cartoon: G
Worst Paris Attacks Cartoon: L
Worst Refugee Crisis Cartoon: J
Worst Planned Parenthood Cartoon: G
Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy: H
Worst Caricature: C
Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: B
Worst Cartoon about a Movie: B
Worst Label: G
Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon: K
Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon: B
Laziest Non-Gorrell Cartoon: B
Most Easily Reinterpreted: D
Overall Worst Political Cartoon: F
Best Edit/Parody: P
'Nonsense, This Is An Election Year': E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Murderion posted:

Even though I voted for this, I still have no idea what the "bad" interpretation is. Bad cops ruin good cops? Bad cops would be harmless without good cops supporting them? Good cops are still heavy blunt instruments that can potentially kill?

I know Gorrell's an rear end in a top hat, but there's still no way of interpreting this as supporting the police. :psyduck:
"Good cops are the traditional truncheon of law and order, bad cops are the stick with a nail in of thuggishness." I guess. All of the other interpretations are easier to see though.

I'm glad that Mac won an award.

e: vvvv
Yeah, I couldn't see anything but tiny plane Mengele the first few times I saw it.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 14, 2016

• Locked thread