Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
barometz
Feb 14, 2010
Worst Middle East cartoon: D; between this and utterly tasteless C. It largely gets the nod for that bizarre "free and stable Iraq" thing they're trying to push.
Worst Paris Attacks Cartoon: F; sure, Garrison, that's what happened.
Worst Refugee Crisis Cartoon: I; it stands out for it's retro-30s racist charm.
Worst Planned Parenthood Cartoon: F; this seems oddly weak this year. Still the eugenics argument for why we shouldn't support birth control is always a winner.
Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy: I; this however is pretty strong in the wide range of poo poo. The plane crash stuff stands out because it had nothing to do with America or its activities, so using it for a weak burn on Obama seems even more tasteless than usual. As for Branco's rendition over Jarlsberg's... I think it was the 'we the people' label.
Worst Caricature: A; Ted Rall knows how people look. This gets it over his other one (and the later honourable mention) because it's a smorgasbord of things that don't look like who they're meant to, rather than just Donald Trump, famous for his red quiff.
Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: G; in which Bok dredges up a non-story from ages ago that everyone else had forgotten about to attack Playboy for trying to remain competitive in the men's magazine market (WHY DO YOU HATE THE FREE MARKET SO, CHIP?).
Worst Cartoon about a Movie: C; seriously, what?
Worst Label: B; I like how the cackhanded labelling clashes with the art.
Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon: R; a tough one, but following the category name strictly, I'd say this... thing takes the prize.
Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon: F; another tough one, but Branco just takes it.
Laziest Non-Gorrell Cartoon: J; he's been bitching about this for almost 30 years, and the best he can manage it this? That's some of his stock promo art even! He couldn't even recycle an actual comic.
Most Easily Reinterpreted: D
Overall Worst Political Cartoon: C; Ramirez pulls it all together for a cartoon that is terrible on nearly every conceivable level. (I know the colour version is a bit more legible, but he should be able to work in the constraints of the medium after however the hell many decades.)
Best Edit/Parody: B; this whole deal was the gift that kept giving for a while.
'Nonsense, This Is An Election Year': E

Honourable(?) mentions:
M in Worst Paris Attacks Cartoon. You can always rely on Rall to see the bigger picture (i.e. "how does this effect Ted Rall?")
H in Worst Caricature. I don't remember who this guy is, though I'm not sure he's ever seen Putin. ...Or a baby carriage, apparently. I'm not sure why it's so egregious to me here here but not for the myriad Hillarys and Obamas.
I in Worst "A Thing Happened". I gave the nod for laziest, but the point still stands here.
P for Worst Label. Always a strong contender, Gosse's overlabelling never fails to amuse... or it would if my eyes didn't always glaze over. I remember the catoon, but I don't think I actually read it before now.
H in Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism). I so very nearly went for this one; it's the belt shop that makes it; but in the end, I decided R probably fits better due to simply being disgusting. I'm surprised that Australian one with the Indians trying to eat the solar panels isn't here actually.
B in Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT). Nearly got it due to the fact that the thing's entire raison d'être is LGBT bigotry, but wound up deciding the Branco one was nastier.
I in laziest Non-Gorrell cartoon. This thing is very special. Also, gently caress off, you awful old man.
N, O, & P in Best Edit. I adore these, especially P.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread