Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Worst Middle East cartoon: L. While the others manage to be racist and offensive towards the Middle East, this one instead takes the category in a bold direction: cheap albeit incoherent shots at Michelle Obama.
Worst Paris Attacks Cartoon: M. It's all about you, isn't it, Rall?
Worst Refugee Crisis Cartoon: D. That doesn't even make sense even by the standards of what Breitbart et al seem to think the term "cultural appropriation" is used to mean. Not quite sure what the hell is going on with J either, but it lacks the racist caricatures of melted wax statues that put D over the top.
Worst Planned Parenthood Cartoon: D. Since A is disqualified by virtue of not actually being a cartoon, I'm going to have to go with the one where McCoy somehow manages to make the fetus look like something that should be killed.
Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy: L. I really wanted to choose a burning cage one, but the fact that I know multiple people who depend on psychopharmacology to function in society meant that I had spent all my "gently caress you" GIFs on Garrison before I got that far.
Worst Caricature: K. At least the others are vaguely recognizable as specific human beings or archetypes thereof.
Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: J. The more I look at it, the less sense it makes.
Worst Cartoon about a Movie: D. Because having seen the movie, I agree that Kylo Ren works as the representation of ISIS...just not in the way that Lang presumably intended.
Worst Label: E. If you have to use labels to explain your dinosaur puns, they're lovely dinosaur puns.
Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon: N. Let's just say that I honestly would not have pegged that drawing as featuring a Filipino caricature without the label.
Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon: F. Okay, I was wrong earlier. I still have some "gently caress you" GIFs left.
Laziest Non-Gorrell Cartoon: B. Although I'm not sure that this wasn't a Gorrell that snuck through somehow.
Most Easily Reinterpreted: F. Eat the rich.
Overall Worst Political Cartoon: H. I really wanted to pick B on the grounds that Ted needs to give David Low a lot more than apologies, but antivaxxers instill a very special kind of hatred in me. K is pretty lovely as well for the same reason, but it's a more low-effort kind of lovely.
Best Edit/Parody: H. This was actually a difficult category, but in the end, the choice was clear. David Cameron's unholy lust for unprocessed bacon will never not be hilarious.
'Nonsense, This Is An Election Year': F. I can't tell how the metaphor is supposed to work, but I can tell that it isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread