Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

AI related goals:

Get the Saturd paid off before it's worn out. In other words, this year. I can't believe I still owe money on a nearly 12 year old (going by build date) car. :sigh: Though it's honestly held up better than any other car I've owned - as far as I can tell, all it really needs right now is (again) sway bar end links. Those are an every 50k item on a Delta platform car anyway.

Timing belt service on mom's Avalon - the dealer talked her into it at 70k (it's supposed to go 110k), and by the looks of it, they didn't replace a single seal or gasket - it's pissing oil far more than even most 4.0 Jeeps, if we lived in a salt state she wouldn't have anything to worry about. The timing belt is definitely oil soaked by now, and it's about to hit 150k. Yeah, it's rated for 110k/7 years per belt (so going just by mileage, it shouldn't need it until 170k, though it's about due if you go by age), but it's pissing oil from the cam seals, badly enough that the timing belt cover shows oil stains on the outside around the cams.

Play the find the oil leak game on my car, or at least figure out if it's just burning oil. The oil change before last, the oil was still between "add" and "full" after 9k (going by the fancypants GM oil life system for oil changes usually gives an oil change message around 8-10k between oil changes). The last oil change, I had to add a quart between changes, and it was still down to the add mark when I changed it. It's been 2k since the oil change, and it's already down to halfway between the marks. Just a guess, but I'm guessing the rear main seal is starting to leak a bit. Nothing visible, but the clutch has started chattering like a motherfucker when the engine is cold.

Non-AI related:

Get a decent job, instead of 3 different 1099 jobs. Preferably something that doesn't require putting 30k+ on my car every year, and something with benefits.

Pay down my debt ($25k at the moment). I'd like to be debt free within 3 years, tops, and be able to buy my own home in less than 5 years. Still not sure where that'll be - current options are Denton TX, Denver CO, Seattle metro, or Portland metro. Most of the debt is student loan debt, so I can at least restructure payments now and then to match my income, and should be able to combine all of the loans at some point. My credit card debt is miniscule - about $1000 - small enough that I pay off at least one card every month, and make a large dent in the other cards.

Get in shape. Mom and I both got ourselves city rec center memberships, so this should happen pretty quickly. I actually really like jogging/running, I just hate doing it where there's cars (since people don't give two shits about yielding here, and will actively try to run you over if you dare to use a crosswalk or even cross on a residential street). The closest rec center has a 1/10 mile indoor track, and last time I was there I was about to do about 40 laps (alternating between jogging and sprinting). Scary how fast "200" showing on the scale snuck back up on me (I'm 5'7", so that's definitely on the heavy side).

Get a boyfriend (bahaha yeah right 30 is basically gay death anyway, and 40 is sneaking up on me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Looks like the only thing I managed was paying down some debt and getting the timing belt done on the Avalon.

• Locked thread