Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
First they take the city, then put the bodies through? That won't work, the portal will de-spawn. Stanley would need to change caps again.

Unless Marie incaps Jillian and the capital site is still FAQ's. Hmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
New update gave a lot to chew one. The biggest piece was actually Robs update excuse in the forums.

I don't mind if I have to read the updates the next day because they get posted so late, but it honestly seems like he is now being shady to protect his revenue stream. This excuse seems too weak.

Now if folks actually were online late last night and the site did go down I might be more apt to believe it, but this just seems to convenient to the tune of a thousand and a half dollars.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

McTimmy posted:

It did go down, actually.

Well, I've put my foot in my mouth before. Speaking of which new update, done super soon!

I really like the doll's surprised face.

So obviously folks at the execution are obviously going to get croaked midway, while Parson and Co rescue the others. Who do you all think will live/die?

My thoughts

Lives: Lillith, one or two stabbers/archers, maybe Artemis.

Dies: Boromir, the other Archons, maybe Artemis.

Although I'm hoping Boromir survives and is allowed to rejoin his little hobbit buddy for GK brownie points, but I think that's wishful thinking on my end.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Zoe posted:

This is absolutely getting pinned on the two Decrypted casters who are about to pop up from the bedrock, holding the Wonky Wrench.

Ah crap, yea that's gonna be what happens.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
When I saw the preview picture I was concerned that the scene shift was going to be entirely Isaac's point of view and slow the rising action to a crawl. I'm glad that the update was only a few panels and then we got this from Janis. Well done.

Oh by the way, is there any rhyme or reason to text versus panel updates? I know there used to be a schedule, but I think that's been thrown out the portal.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Lillith seems like she would be on that list.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I wonder if Jillian kills Marie that would be a huge severing of Fate.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Poor Tondelayo. We are losing a lot of side characters with backstory. Duncan, Marie, Tondelayo. Basically the leiutenants of each side.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

NihilCredo posted:

Oh dear, I just realized - in hindsight, the reason she suggested croaking & decrypting Jack wasn't (mostly!) because she's cruel, ruthless and evil, but because she saw an opportunity to free him from the Deal of a Lifetime and have him brief Parson. She just couldn't explain her true reason to Stanley and hoped he'd be uncaring enough to allow it.

Annnnndddd now I sat down and reread all of book 2 epilogue. The art style is so jarring between now and then.

Except Jack. Mfer, always looking dapper.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Rygar201 posted:

Who pays Isaac's upkeep? Seems important.

I wonder if linkups change caster upkeep.

Alternatively I see them all just go through their own personal stashes of rands to fuel deiform.

However I like the concept of "1 turn suicide freight train" more than any of the previous ponderings.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Rands pay for upkeep, rations and forage reduce cost of upkeep. Every night the carnymancers pool their forage together for stew to help reduce their upkeep.

So conceivably the pooled rands of all those casters could be used by Deiform, unless his upkeep is too high (which is why I was also wondering about links changing costs).

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I am now on the side of "Deiform" is going to gently caress everyone club after this update.

And yea, lovely day for claud.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Well Claude is dead.

Kinda of sad. It would be a good running joke to poo poo on him constantly.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Check out the flower in Marie's hat. She is still connected to Wanda even with the different sides.

If I was just Jillian I would just swing the sword at that point. Albeit Jillians position is poo poo, so beggars cant be choosers.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
The amount of puns creeping into this comic... slowly turning into Xanth series.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

She appears to be really important to Charlie for reasons we still don't know, given that he seems extremely invested in her survival, in ways that are very different from the way that he treats literally anybody else, and that this isn't because he likes her, because he doesn't.

From the perspective of everybody else, she's basically just a random warlord who Transylvito used as a proxy and a buffer state, and who's taken skillful advantage of the disruption in the region to grow quickly, except of course for Wanda and Ansom, who are her exes.

Has Parson ever even spoken to her?

I am thinking that there is some sort of prophecy "Jillian Zamussels shall destroy all of Haffaton" or whatever side Charlie was originally on, so he is terrified of her. Prophecy isnt finished so he is doing his damndest to try and stop it.

I dont believe Parson has.

It is interesting to see every other person's view on Parson, because he provokes so many emotions. We know him as some poor mook from earth, but others view him as a dishonorable, terrifying giant.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Ditocoaf posted:

I recommend inoreader as a good practical RSS reader.

Since I started using RSS, I'm no longer cycling through websites constantly just in case one of them updated. I'm not wasting my time loading stale pages repeatedly, or memorizing schedules then getting frustrated when they're broken. I can just leave a tab open and wait for something to appear. Things that update daily, monthly, once in a blue moon, doesn't matter, I just see when they pop into the list. If someone doesn't manage to create things very fast, I can just forget about them until they do.

RSS is the wave of the future, I tell you.

Aight you convinced me. Set it up just now.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Well that story waa adorable and well done. Parenthesis got a bit obnoxious, but needed since I didnt want a scratch piece of paper and another window on Hawaii terms open.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

aegof posted:

The pet of that one predictamancer dropped a rock on the dirtamancer who had dug down next to the collar of Spacerock's portal column, and he broke the collar in surprise. Breaking the collar projects a bunch of portal shards around the column, which is what Wanda's group is seeing.

Oh! I think I get it. The predictomancer bamboozled the dirtomancers. By using the pet he caused all the portals to appear in front of them, which allows wanda's group to escape. The question is where too? I am assuming throwing the rock at the portal was the dangerous part. Alternatively, simply going through the portal was the dangerous bit.

Prediction: They go through the portal which dusts claude and ivan. Portal leads Wanda to Faq, who then converts over to their side. End of the issue.

What massive plot threads did I leave dangling though?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Question on the artwork, did they change artists? That last panel looks wildly different.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

Xin Ye is still doing the lines, but they changed colorists a while back.

Also, Vanna was doing a thing to make the heir pop faster, but Charlie offered to make it happen next turn by linking up and getting the Arkendish involved. Don King thought that was impressive and possibly impossible, but either way, it means the heir isn't going to pop for a while after the next turn.

Okay thanks. Just wanted to check, because that last panel definitely didn't look Xin to me.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Holy poo poo Bill.

You jerk.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I wonder is Appletini is gonna show and get croaked.

Also i hope no skip this fri

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Erev posted:

Way to curse it.
I am going to curse it even further. Next update is Parson or Wanda perspective. We don't see Caesar until 2 weeks pass.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Hob_Gadling posted:

We're getting a Vinny update. Then a Parson update, then another update from Magic Kingdom, then another from Wandas perspective when she meets Jillian. Then the aftermath of the drama in Transylvania with all the tense bits resolved off-screen from the perspective of Charlie who muses how his plot failed but he made a bunch of money back.

And several more skips littered in there.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I really like Skyy. She is fun. Hope she lasts for awhile.

Do we know what level Vinny is? She may make a good liaison if Vinny doesn't do it.

Assuming they live.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Inescapable Duck posted:

I recall an early comic has Parson mention that he's getting fitter over time and losing some fat rolls, just from far more regular physical activity than he's used to. Although heading down that many stairs would probably get anyone panting, he doesn't seem to need to stop. (although he has spent some time in a prison cell getting regularly tortured and subsisting on school lunch meals, so mighta backslid a bit. Assuming his body still functions relatively naturally, anyway)

I always wondered that in the back of my head as well, his signamancy changing, but then again the artists have changed so much that could be the reason as well. Signamancy thing would be cool of course.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Benny is one cool cat.

Bonnie sallright too.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

You know, I really want to hear Cubbins explaining in his own internal monologue how Hat Magic is the supreme form of sorcery and the entire universe is ultimately based on the power of hats.

You know he's thinking it.

You know, Cubbins is a character I would not mind if we stopped flow of story and got his thoughts. That entire bit of story was so interesting and sad. You've got Cubbins self sacrificing himself, ostensibly against duty (magic user being more important than an archer). Then Ace convinces the King to go and rescue his buddy, dying in the process. How does Cubbins feel about that?

The Jetstone arc was incredible through and through mind you, but that is one piece I'm sad we never got.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Makaleka is gonna strangle the poo poo out of Bill and he is going to die to his best creation.

Maybe a reenactment of Clarice and Buffalo Bill from silence of the lambs?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
This update was really cool. My excitement for new comics was dying down (because it was dragging with hardly any developments) but this development was really cool. Haven't been this excited since Dons death

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Kyte posted:

Presumably all units have their string cut when dying, though? I don't see why Bunny's s- oh right hers was completely unraveled.

Link up between Wanda, Maggie, and Ace? Wanda must decrypt, but the strings need to be rewoven, so maggie does it with her knowledge of gstrings and hstrings. Unfortunately they can't recreate the original body, they need to put it into a new vessel. So bunny is transferred to her unfinished doll (or the Maggie doll who desperately wants to be real but knows she isnt) by Ace, with the help of Maggie and her experience of realdolls. Bunny comes back, but no longer a real unit, but as a living, thinking doll, completing the reverse signamancy of Bunny Velvetino (Velveteen Rabbit).

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Hob_Gadling posted:

Not Ace, Bill. He has experience with it, after all, and it makes for a neat redemption story.

That would be horrifying and I think the fans would turn on Baldur.

Teaming up with a rapist and having him resurrect one of his victims with the help of one of his other victims? Sweet jesus.

Balder already got enough flack from Parson and the Archons.

Bill needs to croak and stay croaked. Caesar was already thinking about disbanding him, now with his latest shenanigans he has gone into the irredeemable category in my mind.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Oh, that is a positive note for no more mobile ads. Those sometimes really ticked me off. Glad Mine4erf is producing results, despite backlash.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I REALLY wanted to see what happened with Bill. I was excited.

I didn't REALLY mean that the action should switch to FAQ right at the crescendo of Translyvito.

But here we are.

At least Templeton is neat. More straightforwars then any other tower. So it looks like everyone gets a totem tower.

That leaves Jetstone and King Dickie left then to get them, right? Am i missing out on ANY OTHER SIDE WE COULD POSSIBLY SWITCH TO TO FIND OUT THEIR PUN NAMED TOTEM TOWER?!

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Yup. Feel like a dick too.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
With the portal collars all broken, does that mean everyone can go to magic kingdom?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I had no idea wtf happened this update.

Well except for the "bookit!" Part.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
There are a lot of meaty plot threads that I want to see what happens next.

And thanks for the explanation of the DeIsaac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I wonder if this is the bigger bad after parson. He was momentarily "out of the game" so maybe Fate arranged a bigger, badder thing to come after Charlie, like Parson after Jillian.