Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'd like to point out that we've also never seen Stanley in a situation where he's being serious in combat? Even when he was ambushed on the way to Faq, he was distracted by Jack. It's possible we've just never seen him in a mood that's the right combination of creative and pissed off to break out the real powers.

Or maybe he just thinks the other powers are dumb/useless and never even mentions them.

I haven't read anything since book 2 ended but I vaguely recall a text update where he said he was going to maybe learn how his powers actually worked beyond lightning; dwagons; walnuts and rocking out.

So I'd say he has absolutely no idea what he can or can't do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Onmi posted:

That's the current colorist, the Artist currently on book 3 is the same as book 2. Xin Ye. What was the reason for the first artist change, money?

As best I remember Jamie went off to make his own webcomic that was pretty painfully dull even if very well drawn.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The first book definitely implied that a unit was popped with the knowledge of everything they needed to do their job so you'd think more people would know about how casters work. At minimum popped heirs.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Hob_Gadling posted:

It gets worse every time there's a "surprise" revelation of something ever more powerful that hasn't been hinted at. There's several already: Jed, guns, rigged portals, entire "under the gameboard" fortresses, godlike mindmancer ghosts running around..

I really only follow this by reading this thread these days but lol that it has gotten this overcomplicated. Rob wrote all of these nice rules for himself about stacking and dancing and leadership multipliers and then like every fantasy setting immediately got lost in the minute powers of his own magic system.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
For anyone hoping Charlie losing soon is a realistic possibility for the plot please remember that Parson (occasionally; plot fuckery excepted) has access to the most health heavy movement capable flying unit in the 'game' and also Wanda who can actually (occasionally; plot fuckery excepted) take everything else on the side and make it cost zero dollars. If you take a moment to think about this from a 'logistics win wars' perspective only Charlie can realistically threaten such an overpowered circumstance in the hands of the guy who was outnumbered twenty six to one and got the win.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
A long time ago Rob specifically told me that not all members of the erfworld community were equal and when I left I generally assumed once everyone who was left there to criticize him was one of the protected members suddenly putting food on Rob's table wouldn't protect you any longer.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Tri-link a dirtamancer and a shockamancer and you'll get a nuke.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm actually kind of interested to see what would happen if Parson just forced Charlie to sign a contract promising not to be a dick.

Well whatever was the condition upon breaking it would trigger instantly.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

Is Charlie subject to the law of boop?

Edit: 3 AM thought, what would y'all call the point where Erfworld stopped being a critique/deconstruction of an isekai manga and turned into an actual isekai manga?

Right when Charlie revealed he could end your turn anytime he wanted but somehow didn't apply this intelligently toward solving his problems and conclude the series.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
*Kickstarter stretch goal for givin me money*

"I'll never ask for money like this again"

*Pleasepleasepleaseohgodgivemethemoney*

"Not that I'd ever go back on my word and do this exactly the same way again"

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Hey anybody who feels down in the dumps about life just think you probably haven't burned eighty thousand dollars worth of goodwill in your life yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
To me this comic was finally all the way dead when he decided to make Charlie the Wizard Of Oz.

Looking back on it occasionally in book 1 parson would wax poetic about the wizard of oz story and how his own role mirrored it and I should have known then to be worried.