Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'd like to point out that we've also never seen Stanley in a situation where he's being serious in combat? Even when he was ambushed on the way to Faq, he was distracted by Jack. It's possible we've just never seen him in a mood that's the right combination of creative and pissed off to break out the real powers.

Or maybe he just thinks the other powers are dumb/useless and never even mentions them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ah, autocorrect. :allears:

Don't forget, 'Fate is the first Carny-mancer', so trying to lean too heavily on Predictamancy is sure to bite you sooner or later.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

quote:

How dare anyone threaten her most precious egg!
That line might have been effective were it not for Tumblr making a meme of the word 'egg'.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kyte posted:

wut

Also you need to pay less attention to tumblr.
The word 'egg' is now inherently a little bizarre to me. So even if it might have worked, my hyperawareness of the word just makes me notice how odd it sounds out of context.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Phenotype posted:

Also, do we know what's wrong with the Arkendish?
When what's-her-face blew up the base of the tower with the rocket, she sent the entire tower, including the Arkendish, out of whack. Charlie is having trouble thinking straight because for the first time in as long as we've known about him, he's being forced to be aware of his physical body instead of being directly connected to the 'Dish.

So of course he's being shortsighted and irritable. It'd be like if your internet connect was suddenly replaced with a telegraph booth full of wasps.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jan 8, 2016

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, Parson would have just as much luck saying that the Titans spontaneously smited them all.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

So, Parson is canonically a Hippiemancer, right? Who's to say he doesn't have casting abilities?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

reignonyourparade posted:

I'm pretty sure Janis was just saying that keep him from getting killed.
I dunno, she seemed pretty surprised-but-certain when she said "He's not a mathamancer. He's a hippiemancer."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I, too, question why these orders couldn't have been shouted WHILE the Archons stormed the Magic Kingdom. It feels like a text update, except with none of the world building.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Book 2 felt a little weird when reading it at update speed, but it held together a lot better reading it all at once. I'm hoping this is going to be the same way, but at the same time, I'm not holding my breath. The composition has been pretty spotty in places. This page gets the comic treatment, but Parson changing sides happens in a single panel without so much as a visual effect?

I dunno.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It would be worth all the money it'd cost to get Book 3 animated just to see that one moment of dawning realization on his face.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fate is funny like that.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Basically, Parson is the closest thing Erfworld's ever seen to an eldritch abomination. He breaks the laws of the world even just by existing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

However Parson gets out of this is going to be either an amazing, gently caress-yeah twist, or a complete Deus Ex Machina.

...how many of the Juggle Elves are casters, do you think?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That was... a lot of set up for a really old joke.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Phenotype posted:

I don't get the joke. :saddowns:
It's a reference to an old meme.

Someone link it for me, I'm lazy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

IMO, the best punchline in a text update was "misfortunes come in twos... and threes, fives, sevens, elevens..."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Rygar201 posted:

Analysis Paralysis is a fantastic Achilles Heel for the Thinkamancers, it really is.
Yeah. Thematically, it's brilliant that the Thinkamancers' weakness is that they think too much.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, but it's close enough that the Great Minds having some Thinkamancers with a minor in Foolamancy is pretty reasonable.

I totally forgot about that.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm kinda hyped to finally see the payoff for all this build-up about the Juggle Elves. References aside, the concept of a tribe of elves outcast from the other groups is actually pretty neat.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

...holy poo poo, Stanley.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Carrasco posted:

Let's dispel with the notion that Stanley doesn't know what he's doing
I think the thing with Stanley is that A) he's not very strategic, and B) he's impulsive and arrogant. He's not an idiot, but he's always been able to get what he wants by taking it. So the idea of other people being more capable than him is still foreign and uncomfortable for him. (He's getting better about that, though.)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

That's true, but what I mean is that it's going to be difficult for him even if he isn't. His whole cause is based around the idea that he's supposed to be the better man.
And his fatal flaw is he actually isn't as confident in that as he claims to be, and Royalty is quickly becoming his crutch that holds him into the shape of a decent person. (Remember "dirty water in a cup"?)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fuuuuuuck that could be bad.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I think a person's reaction to that line is generally decided by if they heard about it through cultural osmosis before they saw the movie or not. First impressions are important.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yep. Old one too.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That was actually a pretty brilliant lie by Parson, all things considered. Wonder if he came up with it on the fly, or if it had been planned?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Charlie's real strength seems to be making it look like whatever happened was his plan all along, and his plans look like coincidence. Makes sense for a Carnymancer, but it also casts a lot of background stuff in a very different light.

Say, Stanley just happening to come across dozens of dwagons on the way to FAQ.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I think it's about time Maggie gets an "I'm a badass too you know" scene. Basically everyone else has at this point.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If you ask me, Don King is trying to figure out what he personally did wrong to lose his best friend, and is apparently chasing down the idea that if he'd just been more loyal to the Royal sides, none of this would have happened.

He's a Royalist now, not because he believes the rhetoric (though he tells himself he does), but because he's still blaming himself for what happened, but is too afraid to actually accept the consequences.

Essentially, he's convinced himself that the Titans are making all this happen just to personally punish him.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Not that we needed confirmation that Charlie is a Carny, but it's kind of interesting to see how he takes different tones with different people.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It's certainly... interesting. In a good way.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, uh, if any ErfWorld page ever deserved a trigger warning, I'm pretty sure it's that one.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Onmi posted:

Here

Caeser wishes he was free to swear now.
Everything is coming down around Charlie's ears, and it's wonderful.

But, at the same time, it's almost coming down too much. For there to be any tension, there's going to have to be a conflict. And I think the only thing scarier than a Charlie totally in control is a Charlie fighting like a caged animal.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hahahaha holy poo poo

What the actual gently caress is up with this website.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Man, I forgot just how bad that colorwork is at the start of Book 3. I remembered it being a little unimpressive, but drat, I'm pretty sure loving Goblins literally has better colorwork than that.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

NihilCredo posted:

Colorwork? Please, what about all the pathos and draftsmanship that was put into this pivotal moment?
I mean, at least you can kind of read Ansom's expression as a defeated "I know"? :shrug:

Jillian's are pretty bad, though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Either he does know, and hasn't cared enough to changed it, or the ErfWorld forums, for all their pedantry, have a terrible grasp of the big picture and nobody there noticed before Carrasco did.

Neither would surprise me.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Holy poo poo, Parson, that's :unsmigghh: as hell.

This chapter is finally getting to the things about Erfworld that I love. Getting us to internalize these rules, and take them for granted, and then turn them inside-loving-out.

Edit poo poo, hang on. If they go through with it, who's gonna protect them against the FAQ attack?

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Aug 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm still hoping that the whole Arkenshoes thing is a lie, a bluff, or just a partial truth, because compared to the other Tools, the shoes are just kinda... boring.

"Not every smart plan is a good one." Nice turn of phrase, Wanda. Actually sounds like something he might say.