Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Carrasco posted:

Don's counter-offer is great though.
Just came here to say this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

quote:

'Cept maybe Hamster.
:shobon:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

And considering that his weakness as a leader has always been refusing to listen to people smarter than him?

Charlie's afraid of Parson, as he drat well should be, but the fact of the matter is that he's now dealing with Parson, backed by two fully realized Arkentool users, and one of them is ruler of possibly the most powerful side in Erfworld apart from his own.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VujGNQpRjQ

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

(It's also likely that the scroll would cause those items to disappear, much like the Arkenshoes disappeared with Judy.)
I have no idea if this post was made before or after the most recent text update but if it was before, drat. :holymoley:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Don's issue is that he can't be decisive. He keeps flip-flopping, so he keeps getting swayed by anyone who knows which buttons to push, except the people under him that he should be listening to, because of a personal grudge.

His Signamancy is not one of someone who's used to taking a direct, active, firm role in leadership. Even as a mafia don, he's... gone native, I guess?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, if anyone's an expert of conning their way out of their fate, it's Charlie.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Grognan posted:

The mines below the normally undiggable bedrock.
If you get underneath the bedrock, don't you just fall forever?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Link to the new page

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Also, maybe it's possible that the first caveat is that she must use her Turnamancy powers on herself to ensure her loyalty. Is that doable?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Don is stubborn and old-fashioned, but he's definitely not stupid. I'm actually kind of hoping that this whole ordeal changes his signamancy, because 'mafia don in a Hawaiian shirt' does not speak well for his long-term survival, especially not if he's going up against Charlie.

I could see a tilt towards a Tony Soprano sort of deal either coming from him directly, or after a timeskip for whoever might end up on the throne after he's croaked (if he is).

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I still love that, as unquestionably OP as they are, the Great Minds are still so caught up in bureaucracy and so stuck up their own asses that they're fumbling to keep up with an Erf that's changing dramatically every tenturn.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I feel like I missed something here.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, right, string-cutting. :downs:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Parson is a player. Fate might still have a DMPC.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Stanley's signamancy is changing, and not in a good way.

Is this 'getting old and lazy' gray, or 'slowly being poisoned to death' gray?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

drat. I mean, there's already precedent for Hippiemancers who are very much not nice people. That makes way too much sense.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Aw man every time I almost forget why I love Jillian. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Except this time neither way ends in sushi.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jesus Christ, the anniversary is in two weeks.

The ten year anniversary.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

Someone make one of those "HOW TO MAKE SOMEONE FEEL OLD" xkcd charts with webcomics. What year did Loss happen?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, I think I'm done with ErfWorld. We've had a whole lot of nothing for a very long time.

It'd make a really cool RPG setting, where all the weird rules interactions and things can be used by players, make a party of Parsons. But as a comic that can't even decide what the plot of the book is, much less how long it should be?

Bye, thread. Y'all've been cool. :shrug:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I said it in the OotS thread because I forgot we have one for Erf but oh my God, I love Shirley so much. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

oh my God, I love Shirley so much. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Has the thread title ever been "Welcome to Erf!"?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I could see Parson getting yanked away by a PLOT! twist with so many balls in the air. Honestly, that's the cleanest way I can even see to resolve this tangled mess. Parson just isn't there for a huge turning point moment in Erfworld and he has no idea what to prepare for when he gets back. Resolve all those events off-screen. A messy but effective way to cut off all the dangling threads and twist them back into one line.

Except I am not even remotely looking forward to months or years of Parson loving about in Idaho looking for a pair of Judy Garland's magical shoes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Can we at least see Vanna disbanded? Bunny was a much more interesting character, and there's less than no reason for Transylvito to keep her around.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, that sure is a reveal. :suspense:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'd call it even odds that he's about to either croak or straight-up disband her.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Charlie doesn't need mind control, he's a Carnie with the Arkendish. Perfect communication, perfect sense of people's feelings, emotions, and needs... It's emotional manipulation on an incredibly insidious level because if you asked the archons, they'd say the affection was earned, through his compassion and brilliance.

Meanwhile, Charlie doesn't see them as people, more like each one of them is a puzzle attached to a work of art, attached to a very powerful tool. He cultivates them like a garden, and he may love his gardening very much, but his response to their deaths is like a prized rose bush getting trampled, not the loss of a loved one.

TL;DR: Charlie is a sociopath who sees his archons as valuable works of art, not as people.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'd say the real pain there was him feeling helpless, but I haven't reread in a while.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ditocoaf posted:

Even though it's predictable, the good it does for the "fraying narrative" problem is more than worth it. Parson was going to have to get back to Spacerock eventually, that scroll was gonna have to do something eventually, and all the various betrayal cards in Transylvito were gonna have to get played. All of those plot threads are tied off pretty quickly, hopefully allowing the story to find some momentum again.
Yeah, it's predictable as hell, but Erfworld was getting pretty close to Wheel Of Time levels of 'too many dangling plot threads that will never get resolved'.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

There's actually a pretty big implication. Gobwin Knob's last real potential ally may well be rubble in the next week. And didn't Parson leave a bunch of gems on their table?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

I mean, we haven't seen his feet. There's still a possibility that he's already been to Stupidworld and got the Arkenshoes on.
There's two possibilities I see that make this whole thing worthwhile.
1) There was a timeskip, and he does have the 'shoes.
2) The scroll didn't work as intended specifically because of something Jed and/or Maggy did that they couldn't before.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That's actually really really cute :kimchi:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Caidin posted:

Edit: Hey, wait. "stealing juice to create themselves", Jed's the reason for GK head? And presumably more? Does the timing for that work out?
It feels more like when they 'created' Jed, it was more like they taught him how to wake up, and now that the knowledge is out there, and other cities pulling juice from the Source know that they can wake up, they will. It's their Duty.

Also, 'Tutelaries' appears to be their official name? Neat.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Erfworld: Welcome Back To Erf

Stealing that juice from the source, and using it to reverse-Spirit Bomb Parson by playing their strings directly, is gonna have a lot of consequences down the line about revealing the true nature of Erfworld.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Book 1 was exactly 150 pages. There was some kind of plan/outline in place. Since then, it feels like it's either bloating tremendously, or just completely off whatever rails there might have originally been, Homestuck style.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nope, still lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I stopped feeling bad for Bill a long, long time ago.