Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Like Erfworld, Balder thrives on the needlessly complex.

Unlike Erfworld, Balder doesn't have acces to Deus Ex Machinae or Plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

My main issue will be that he's going to focus even harder on world building by taking the focus off the story he's telling. Side stories are fine for fleshing things out, but it can't start to be a main focus. Leaving some mystery is good, we're already used to seemingly Deus Ex Machinae so there's no real need to justify everything that'll happen in advance.

Imagine if Star Wars had a 10 minute segment in the middle of the movie where we saw what various background characters got the spotlight cause George Lucas named them all.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

What's the countdown to him making his own game based on Erfworld? Or an animated show?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm actually kind of interested to see what would happen if Parson just forced Charlie to sign a contract promising not to be a dick.

He isn't a literal penis so the contract would never be broken.

Gotta put some more effort in pulling a fast one on Charlie when it comes to contracts.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I lost interest the first time Erfworld became a webnovel instead of a comic, and now I've lost interest again where it's all prologue, all the time. Has anything interesting happened with all the introductions?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

To borrow some parlance from Erfworld, this comic is growing stale.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

While I can appreciate them having another crisis that needs urgent attention, just ell oh ell that it might require putting the webcomic on hiatus for the rest of the year. I've not clicked the bookmark I have for it in about 2 months now, I think I'll just delete it.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

Calling it now, the Venn diagram of ErfWorld supporters and Star Citizen supporters is a circle.

A 3D model is something more than a jpeg, at least.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Rob Balder posted:

For the record, I have now wasted yet another hour when I could have been writing Erfworld.

Someone should get on Twitter and reply that to every post of his that isn't a comic.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

mycot posted:

I'm surprised this wasn't flexible funding. Come to think of it, what's the point of having whole individual campaigns for each cgi tool instead of just selling them all the time?

By having it as a kickstarter the reward is in the more nebulous future and stuff can go wrong. Just selling them requires you to have a decent thing to sell right now.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

When does he cut off his ear?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Coming next year:
Erfworld by Gmod.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Main Paineframe posted:

I feel like we should open up a betting pool or something on how many pages in a row they reuse the same pose.

Balder has finally learnt that it is better to show, not tell. Thus, he will no longer just write the same event transpiring 7 times, each time from a different point of view. Now he will show each character from a different point of view as well, increasing the mileage he gets out of his writing tenfold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

But how many bitcoins could a paperback mine?