Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Kyte posted:

I count at least 6 hits on GK units, which means.... with each hit being half the treasury or 500k... 166 509 871 -> 83254935 -> 41627467 -> 20813733 -> 10406866 -> 5203433 -> 2601716 left over in Charlie's vault. (Jesus christ I hadn't quite grasped just how much cash Charlie had)
So that's over 163mil to GK.
If they can confirm 4 more hits they can start claiming units back.
Wow maybe Marie shouldn't've told the fodder to hit the deck.

That said that plan was hilariously effective for how simple it was.

5 mil or half the treasury, whichever is less.

I do wonder if healomancy even works on biological organisms. The blood spurting from from Parson certainly is novel for Erfworld.

Actually, does "bleeding out" even exist as a concept in this thing, or do units simply persist with 1 hp until something else happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Phenotype posted:

I really don't like these last few updates. Why is Charlie so angry?? He's the one who hosed up and let his archons shoot up the Magic Kingdom, and he's to blame for owing so much to Gobwin Knob that Parson didn't have to join Charlescomm.

Like, I understand if he was upset about it, but he should be upset about his own mistakes. It seems uncharacteristic for him to go into a blind rage like that. Even if he's about to assault the Magic Kingdom in response, it feels like he should be more depressed and resigned to throwing more good money after the bad, rather than livid and ordering scorched earth.

Also, do we know what's wrong with the Arkendish?

On the other hand, I'd say that everything we've seen about him paints Charlie as a massive control freak, and control freaks tend to react poorly to losing it. So going scorched earth to regain that control makes sense. Not to mention he takes it very personal that Lilith isn't his anymore and probably extends that line of thought to the guns, the other Archon, and even Parson himself.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 9, 2016

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

So, Parson is canonically a Hippiemancer, right? Who's to say he doesn't have casting abilities?

Rand Brittain posted:

Janis said he was a Hippiemancer and he apparently has a nonzero chance of successfully casting certain spells. Exactly what that means... we don't know.

The only time he had a chance to cast a spell heavily involved carnymancy, if you recall. On both sides of the equation, if you believe Jojo's quip about fate and carnymancy (you should not believe anything that Jojo says).

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

nimby posted:

Summon a more perfect warlord when he gets bored. Basically become Charlie 2.0

Not really seeing how Parson exhibits any of Charlie's obsession with control. Remember, this is a guy who refused to sleep with the decrypted Archons because he was worried about issues of consent as well as hurting them in the act of sex. Not to mention that he has a personal grudge against erfworld due to his inability to stop treating his units like people instead of expendable resources.

Bell_ posted:

If he wasn't a Hippiemancer, I could buy that.

he's not a hippiemancer, he's [Special]

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
I've really liked the last few updates from a characterization perspective, especially seeing from Charlie's POV, but jesus christ this chapter is juggling way way way way too many plotlines.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Stanley is legit the best character in this comic (after Lilith, of course). He's got the sort of reckless stupidity that keeps ruining everyone's plans because he's not supposed to take this stupid option, and then he does.

Oh poo poo, Stanley is pretty much Aesma. (mythical figure from Kill Six Billion Demons who's never stops being a little poo poo which is also the source of her power.)

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Zogundar posted:

It's not a stupid option, though. The TV estimate of Gobwin Knob's treasury was considerably off.

Simple-minded would probably be a better description, but Stanley's on-the-spot acceptance of the first offer gives away A) Gobwin Knob is drastically richer than they estimated B) The hostages are worth so much that Stanley didn't even hesitate to pay an incredible fortune of 2 mil.

As a general rule its bad to give away free information like that, but these 2 things basically cratered moral at trasylvito. It showed them that they didn't even know the game that was being played, and also made Don out to be a complete fool, AND may even inspire a coup!

Meanwhile, Stanley knew the game from the word go: Parson and company are incredibly important so do whatever it takes to get them back. His stubborn, short-sighted arrogance is wielded like his hammer.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Again, it's really cool to hear Charlie's own perspective but too many loving plotline threads. This is getting bloated beyond belief.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
jesus christ if he really cares so much about making a setting rather than a story just contract with paizo for a bunch of erfworld splats for gently caress's sake.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

Also, I just can't help but feel supremely bad for all of his artists. It's pretty easy to read between the lines and see why he can never hold onto one for long.

don't we have extremely convincing circumstantial evidence that the "terrible thing on par with cancer" that balder posted about was him being court-ordered to pay remuneration to one of his former artists?