Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Or maybe that's just that. The decrypted get Wanda out, then get slaughtered en mass along with the rest of the Gobwin Knob casters. Parson gets croaked, wakes up back on Earth.

Where there's a certain pair of shoes somewhere in Kansas...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Reene posted:

Ooh, that'd be...actually kind of make sense. They set up the Arkenshoes pretty hard as a plot device only for them to conveniently vanish from the setting, and it would be a shame if we never saw them again.

Comparing Erf to Earth, which would Parson prefer: the land with funny rules, but where he gets to exercise and enjoy his tactical brilliance, or a job at Kinko's, a lovely apartment, a beater car, and a handful of friends who probably don't have the same abiding passion for wargaming? If Parson clicks his heels together and says "There's no place like home," well, you know exactly where he's going.

Of course, if this isn't the way it plays out, I wonder how long it's going to be before Charlie fires off his own Summon Perfect Warlord spell, summoning someone who can beat Parson. (My bet's on Ashna.)

e. *smacks forehead* I can't believe I missed it. Parson won't get croaked. He's got a scroll that will send him home, and as desperate as the situation is, he might just use the thing. Or maybe the Great Minds and/or hippiemancers do intervene, but the only way to get Wanda out and make a lasting peace - and by lasting I mean lasting longer than a turn at best, or until the Great Minds run out of juice at worst - has a condition of Parson pulling the trigger on that scroll/getting croaked. (If the participants of the peace includes Charlie, Parson pulling the trigger on that scroll is guaran-goddamn-teed going to be one of the terms. Charlie has already proven that at this point, as far as he's concerned, if he can't have Parson, no one can.)

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Feb 21, 2016

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

And to think that Don wants another heir... gently caress it, I'm on Caesar's side. He might be an angry and violent little gently caress, but he's not Ponzie.

Now let Maggie convince Caesar (via the doll) to plot with Parson, and use Parson's plan to overthrow Don - and then GK gets at least an ally of convenience against Faq.

e. Also, because in needs to be said, Jesus poo poo.

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jun 4, 2016

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Maybe we have no idea about the true depth of power a wielder of an Arkentool can command.

The only idea we have is that Wanda, with the Arkenpliers, can supercharge her uncroaking so much that the decrypted retain their personality, never decay, and require no upkeep - basically a resource-free army on tap, an unthinkable gamebreaker already. And none of this is thematically related to pliers. With what we know about the Arkenpliers and the decrypted, add some plier-themed stuff, like grabbing, cutting, and manipulating...

What if Wanda could reach into any unit, grab the loyalty thread that connects them to their side, unplug it and plug it into another side? What if she could do that to a Ruler? What if she cut it, would it make a unit that had no loyalty but what it chose? What if she could move and/or cut any of the strings the Great Minds know about and manipulate? What if she could grab and manipulate a caster's magic itself, or even unplug it from one and plug it into another? Could she plug two more kinds of magic into a Thinkamancer and get a single unit that can cast linked magic with none of the drawbacks of the link? What if she grabbed one of each kind of caster, swiped their magic, and plugged it all into herself?

How could you not conquer the entire world if you could do that, and knew and trusted the advice of a summoned perfect warlord who first brought the concept of lateral thinking to Erf? Wanda + Arkenpliers + knowledge of the Great Minds + Parson almost scares the boop out of me, and I'm a real life human reading a webcomic.

e. continuing along those lines, the Arkentools all make sense (and are all horribly, horribly broken by the rules of the Erf - rather appropriate for the tools the Titans used to build the world). The Arkenpliers allow a caster to manipulate anything. The Arkenhammer allows a caster to break anything (or... to build anything?). The Arkendish allows a caster to know anything. And the Arkenshoes allow a caster to move anything. All the caster needs is the appropriate knowledge.

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Aug 6, 2016