Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

DeadBonesBrook posted:

The unofficial Erfworld Reddit has offered more info and it's possible to piece together what happened based on news reports. It's not a pleasant story and I wouldn't recommend people go looking for it. I'll say that it's nothing to do with any rumored legal action or Rob wanting to duck out of Erfworld because of X issue. There is a terrible behind-the-scenes family tragedy going on and it makes sense that they wouldn't want any rumor-mongering going on in forums. Whatever anyone might think of Rob or his past actions, it's not the kind of thing you would wish on someone.

Yeah, it took me a few minutes and one google search to piece together what happened, and it's loving awful. I stopped reading Erfworld when it was clear the comic was never going anywhere and the author was throwing new ideas at the page instead of worrying about actually telling a story. But that's got nothing to do with what apparently happened, and I'm so sorry that it did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU