Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I don't think it's about "will conquer us" it's about "there is literally nothing we could do to keep charlie from conquering us if he ever decided to." I don't think it falls within a Chief Warlord OR a ruler's Duty to trust in "we exist because charlie does not want us to not exist at this point in time."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

NihilCredo posted:

The fine for the GK-Charlie contract was capped to a fraction of the offending side's treasury, so if GK units attacked Bill and his dolls right now they'd pay very little, while it would cost Bill a lot to fight back.

I don't think we know of any restrictions on GK-TV fighting due to Don King's off-screen contract.

It was PARTLY a fraction but also had a lower bound of several million schmuckers, payable in units or cities. It would still cost Bill way more to fight back than GK to attack him in the first place though.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
People keep SAYING that someone should when it's merely the case that someone should, if you close the thread it becomes the case that someone HAS TO, and then someone will.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Also probably partly because he upgraded himself from a garrison unit.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
TV can't pay any other debts or penalties until they've paid off GK in full, but also is allowed to pay off GK entirely at their own discretion. Units can also be used to pay outstanding debts, and Charlescom isn't actually demanding those units, he's demanding those units be ordered to turn. If they've already been sent to GK due to outstanding debts, well then they have no real reason to obey those orders now do they.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

NihilCredo posted:

Precedence between contracts really feels like something that should be governed by a fundamental rule of Signamancy. It seems super OP that you can freely take a contract with a friendly third party that intentionally supercedes (and effectively nullifies) the contract you're about to sign with a hostile third party, with the latter being none the wiser.

The comic has been saying that Shirley's sloppiness is what will enable TV to cheat, but we've seen Charlie's contracts before and I don't think any of them had a clause preventing this particular kind of trickery - and besides, I'm not sure it would be possible, as anything you write could be explicitly superceded by an ad-hoc contract between friends.

It's because 'tv' isn't signing the contract with Shirley, Huehue is. Contracts basically enforce honesty in order to enter them, but apparently that doesn't protect from IGNORANCE, if Huehue doesn't KNOW tv is going to cheat on the contract he's signing, then he can sign the contract despite tv being about to cheat it.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Frozen neutral, then immediately captured by gobwin knob as they captured the barbarian city, and they'd have no real reason to not turn at that point.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
The forecastle epilogue is 1600 turns later, yeah, which is a decent chunk of time in erfworld. So that's a floor on how long ago forecastle happened, it could be even longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

hahahhahahahahhahahaha

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

hahahhahahahahhahahaha