Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Thank god. The Erfworld forums themselves are pretty terrible, just 12 pages of the exact same speculation and no discussion.

I wonder if bullets pass through a portal?

I'd say, likely, it was clear CC already planned for this exact thing and estimated losses, after all. Stanley is about to bath in gems.

Krilion fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Dec 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Rand Brittain posted:

Charlie's earlier comments indicate that these almost certainly will, and are in fact designed to (although they haven't been field-tested yet).

Yeah, if you learn CC prepared for something, bet on it occuring.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Rand Brittain posted:

Is he, though? I was under the impression that part of the reason Charlie has such a huge gem hoard is so that settlements like this can't touch his actual wealth.

Not from that, from the contract breaches as the bullets hit Gobwin units

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Rand Brittain posted:

True, but it'll be in Schmuckers, not gems, and my impression was that Charlie had converted most of his actual wealth into gems so that this kind of "half-the-treasury" hit wouldn't ding him for as much.

5 million shmuckers or half the treasury of the offending side, whichever is lesser.

So...

That's a lot. If a unity turning counts as a violation, that would leave GK with 2.5 anyway.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

nimby posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot. He's just been so mundane, not being a caster.

I think we really forget his capability. He doesn't do combat because it could end badly, but dwagons are supposedly ridiculously powerful.They could siege a lvl 5 pretty easy, and Parson wasn't excited to give any to CC. Now they can dance battle.

There's a reason he was promoted to an heir afterall - and he even sacked Faq with little effort. It's the kind of thing that the rest of the game has likely planned around, using tons of AA to deal with the Dwagons OP meta (at least neighbors). That's why Jillian was so instrumental in both battles.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'd like to point out that we've also never seen Stanley in a situation where he's being serious in combat? Even when he was ambushed on the way to Faq, he was distracted by Jack. It's possible we've just never seen him in a mood that's the right combination of creative and pissed off to break out the real powers.

Or maybe he just thinks the other powers are dumb/useless and never even mentions them.

It cracks nuts, and like every 10th one becomes a dove. He though that was sorta neat.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

reignofevil posted:

I haven't read anything since book 2 ended but I vaguely recall a text update where he said he was going to maybe learn how his powers actually worked beyond lightning; dwagons; walnuts and rocking out.

So I'd say he has absolutely no idea what he can or can't do.

I was re-reading it. It doesn't grant dance battle, it does Rocking Out, which is far superior. I think he'll develop at a character with this arc though, so we might learn more about it.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

nimby posted:

It was just 5 mil per shot, so from what we see Gobwin Knob got paid 30 million.

Charlie's portal might be a bit less protected due to the siphoning of power from it, or he might have put a bunch of Arkendish magic on it to twist the rules. Whatever he's done, it's biting him in the rear end.

But I keep up hope that the prophecy/fate things get resolved pretty soon, because this page happening was pretty telegraphed by Marie. So no real tension or suspense.

He probably uses his own magic to twist the rules.

Also, archons can passthrough.

Krilion fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 2, 2016

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Charlies is hosed. Knowing that CC can instantly invade the magic kingdom is something that will cause all casters to unify against him. It's the kind of thing they may even ask GK to protect against it.

Another question, according to the wording, any attempt of damage also counts.

Does that mean the bullets that miss still breach the contract? Shooting at someone sounds like an attempt to cause harm.

Krilion fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 2, 2016

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

GK up 35m. I think every bullet that hit then counts, not just death to a unit. But not missing.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Janis has been pretty good at predicting every last thing.

I think he'll be fine.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Rygar201 posted:

From what I understand, it was a combination of Lookamancy and Predictamancy to guide Jack's Foolamancy. This is, of course, completely useless against a side who knows your precise coordinates and defenses.

And Marie predicted that Wander would get attuned. Her betrayal brought this to fruition. She's still accurate.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Poison Mushroom posted:

Ah, autocorrect. :allears:

Don't forget, 'Fate is the first Carny-mancer', so trying to lean too heavily on Predictamancy is sure to bite you sooner or later.

gently caress me.

Isn't it established that you can only delay fate, never beat it?

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Rand Brittain posted:

The question is, did Marie see this coming?

If she did, well, it wouldn't be very hard to have Janis hiding behind a tree ready to play her chillax.

She's the best predictamancer we've seen. I'd say unless stuff was altered from carnymancy, she's going to be 100%.

I don't know how archons will do against an army of casters, and we've established how powerful decrypted are alongside wanda. This might not even be a fair fight for CC.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

New one up. Don't doubt the Marie.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Invisible Archon upskirt.

Classy.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Charlie wasn't trying to take over the world, just make his position impossible to attack.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

It was clear shockamancy just made it able to be used at a distance. His choices were to deal with slow connection or actually go up to the dish, after all.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

I knew it wasn't going to be a fair fight to start. Now it looks downright one sided.

No veil, extra dance battle from rhymomancy, and Artemis gets a gun.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Lillith comes to save the day~~

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

And they just gave Parson another batch of archons to use

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Is that Adam Savage?

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Well poo poo.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Makes sense, ultimately. The Magic kingdom turning on Charlie may be enough to balance fate.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

They dust from where they were hit... so Yeah, looks like dusting.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Wonder what the MK will think of all the archons.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Bell_ posted:

I figure Parson's passion was tempered by the end of book 1 since he sees the units as people in a world encouraging him to think of them as things. He's still a warlord, and warlords are gonna warlord. If his purpose is bringing peace to Erf, what would he even do afterwards?

Break it more?

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Remember folks, he was called a hippimancer to prevent issues in the MK. He is almost certainly not one.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Ytlaya posted:

So far the decrypted Archons have been pretty badass. Even though they're still just as brainwashed as they were under the influence of the Arkendish, they somehow come off as more...heroic, for lack of a better word. It's probably mostly because they're being switched to an underdog side, while with Charlie they're almost always in an advantageous position.

Maybe Archons are just that powerful. Each one is what, 600 smuckers a turn in upkeep? That's supposedly ridiculous. Charlie's doesn't take risks though - and the decrypted archons do.

Krilion fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Mar 3, 2016

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Kyte posted:

Basically the Great Minds are OP on paper but shackled with so much bureaucracy they end up being almost useless in practice.

Well, they weren't able to intervene earlier because you know...

Charlie has a spy loving with them.

But know we now archons can go through any portal.

Or at least decrypted ones can.

And Stanley is loving chill.

Krilion fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

nimby posted:

Stanley makes up his own rules and Erfworld accommodates. Maybe because he has the hammer? Some sort of primal carnymancy.

Well, every problem looks like a nail afraid of metal.