Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I just got caught up with the main story yesterday, working on the prequel book now. What a strange, fascinating premise executed with far more pathos than I was expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Krilion posted:

Charlie wasn't trying to take over the world, just make his position impossible to attack.

Yeah, it's funny how Charlie runs Charlescomm like an international business while everyone else works more or less like a traditional pseudo-medieval RPG fiefdom. He's trying to "take over" the way a 1%er neocapitalist would, by making himself so financially and legally entrenched in the operations of everyone else that he's too big to fail. The automagical enforcement of binding contracts (which only Charlie seems able to create, maybe an ability of the Arkendish?) makes him incredibly powerful and dangerous in that regard, as we've seen from this chapter.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I love that Wanda's idea basically gives them a videogame HUD with wallhack and autoaim. She was afraid of telling Parson? He'd go ape for it!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Parson also broke the swearing rules just by getting really pissed, and changed his own unit type. He's special.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

It looks like a dusting in progress to me. She was shot in the back of the head, her face shouldn't be damaged otherwise.